Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dungeon Suffixes
I had the 3:1 ratio because
  • None of the current Dungeon prefixes are intended to be "beneficial". Spacey is beneficial (IMO) because it gives time to strategize, regen, and RP. Everyone else hates it because "CA'NT RAECH ANEMY @ BATLE STURT"/"LAG OP". Y'all make me giggle, because I've been running games at 10 FPS since I had a computer. I was born by the lag...; and Crazy is beneficial because increased EXP gains per battle. But on the flip side, more Spatials are something bad, still. These things may not have been the overall intention, but they are the ones that people commonly notice.

• The BDPs hate us, so actual intended beneficial things should probably be a bit sparse.

but I could still always think of some more, and as Dev has said, he can just pick a few from the list, or the whole list itself. There is no guarantee that any/all of this will make it in.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
Quote:"Repair powder exists and is never used for some reason. I guess people have just forgotten about it. Ten points back to your weapon for one iron and one ether. One can be purchased, and is very common, and the other has it's own dungeon type. And is already common.

At higher levels, Ten durability is very possibly not enough for a single battle depending on things like FP restrictions for using skills, as well as riposte/ betas/ etc. You shouldn't need to carry 50 repair powders for a single dungeon. This is not a stretch at all; I've had a BK use up all 45 durability of it's weapon in a single battle, due to very very limited FP for using skills. Back when using 2 witch hats at once was allowed.

Furthermore, the fact that it takes resources to make as opposed to being available from a merchant means that if you want to keep up with heavy weapon use, you basically need to disassemble all the etherium you find, which means constant trips to Law's End, which is a colossal pain in the ass. Not to mention many characters would have a logical IC reason to avoid the place: why would a law abiding citizen really go to a land they know as lawless?

Repair Powder exists. Yes, it does. This is a valid statement to make about general dungeoning. But when faced with the prospect of permanent loss of any weapon that hits 0 durability, it's simply not nearly enough of a justification.
*loud burp*
Battle Spirits, Spirit weapons (restore FP equal to 10% of damage dealt), repair
powders, Etherium subweapons, the Maintenance talent, or even a subclass with
an FP engine such as Grand Summoner or Void Assassin or Kensei or Magic
Gunner. These are all viable ways to flat-out ignore durability.

That being said, permanently losing weapons that self-repair is frankly ridiculous.
Etherium weapons should be exempt from this stipulation, on the basis that they
regain max durability each battle. Divine weapons should also be exempt, as the
way 'unbreakable' is represented mathematically in the game code is to have -1
durability.
You could even just avoid the dungeon.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=853#p853 Wrote:Mivereous » Thu Nov 20, 2014 2:30 pm[/url]"]You could even just avoid the dungeon.

Depending on how common they are, or if it's a crazy, it might be hard to. (Hell, imagine a high level crazy with disrepair. All of your weapons would be destroyed by the end of the first battle.)
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.
OOC Black Chaos X: OOC Devourer Of Souls: no one activated zera ritual
OOC Blissey: HHHAHAHAAA
OOC Devourer Of Souls: That's fake.

Tengen Toppa [Image: 2zolp55.jpg] !!!
No suffix that makes bosses have tons of HP? pls, just once i want to see a boss use their abilities before I wreck them 2nd turn.

On that note, I think the whole breaking weapon is a little much. However, that does give a use to throwaway weapons so it's not like there's 0 way of playing around it without making things a pain.
Maybe instead of it breaking a weapon that hits 0 durability, it cancels out the effect of weapons with repair, such as ether / maintenance.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: I did literally nothing and have never played YGO in my life.

I'm fairly certain Ether/Maintenance already do that with broken weaponry.
No, no, I mean, if you go in a dungeon of that suffix, it cancels them out until you leave. Meaning Ether, Maintenance, and Repair Powders don't work, instead of losing your weapon permanently.

Well that just plum fucks over melee users. Dungeons shouldn't be more geared to fucking over basic-attack users, they already have enough shit to eat on their plate as it is.