Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chess tournament
Before I bother and make IC posters and all that kinda jazz, how many of you would actualy be interested/have a character that is interested in a chess tournament?

It'd take place in a player home, so, mind you, I'd not permit everyone. Since it'd require building permissions to actualy move pieces and let's be honest here, not a small portion of the community would just mess with things for their own very poor taste in humor.

But it'd happen ingame, probably one match at a time so it can fit with shedules of everyone that participates, few people selected by me that'd oversee it if I couldn't, etcetera, along with a prize of mura and likely something RP important.
I may have one or two.

However, nowadays, there are so many ways to cheat in a Chess tournament, you literally have to hand over every single little electronic you have on you (turned-off phones will also have to be turned in) in order to attend most events. And people can deny all they want, but given how long players typically have to think for their moves, it is incredibly easy to get a CPU to figure out what you should be doing within that timeframe. ESPECIALLY when the tournament is happening online.

Of course, you might not care about this. Just consider it a warning for what is likely to arise.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
well, it should be ic anyway

and there's no way to play a character who is good at chess if you yourself are not good at chess

unless you use a computer set to the appropriate difficulty level
Yeah, Chaos, I get that if someone would want to cheat, they will. I'm ready to accept that, of course I'd prefer if it didn't happen, after all, playing againts a computer isn't too fun. (And I can usualy tell that it's a computer.)
Also, it's relatively easy to get said computer and have them calc moves within few seconds.

As for Megas comment, it is a good note, but I've doubts any of us are pretty good at chess, (who'd want to be a nerd) and the characters I presume will be attending are all "good" or atleast decent. Meaning, it should be to scale. (Atleast, that's what I think.)