Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
On Dice-Rolling for Conflict Resolution
Catabur, should a player be punished for using the system provided and spend their time on archieving let's say, being the most buff person around (STR) for not wanting to lose to a person that just made and decided "lol i am stronkest" ?

How could a level 50 human be unfit? Do you presume people are born level 50? To add, what do you mean, removing power from roleplayers to decide what should happen? If I want to lose an armwrestling contest to someone that has half my strength, I still have the power to decide that.
The only thing a stat comparison does, is prevent godmod.
Any that progress in terms of levels are trained, unless they very intentionaly do not wish to (IE just have levels for OOC messing around/got it from RPEXP), in which case they'll willingly lose to anyone that's atleast somewhat trained, so what is this about untrained human?

I don't find any of your arguments on point. If you want to play a character that's IC strong but mechanicaly a squishy butter, you should be ready that not all will accept it, since they actualy put effort behind allowing their characters to be that way.
I don't know if there's a perfect solution for this sort of thing. People with the biggest number want to always win even if the realistic difference between their number and their opponent's number isn't particularly one-sided. On the flip-side, taking stats out of the equation does lead to godmodding. My advice is to get a mediator like a GM as an in-between and hope that everyone involved are good enough roleplayers to accept a loss every now and then.