Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayelia and Soul Engine
It seems that the light armor Mayelia doesn't restore 15% HP to a dullahan who has to miss their turn thanks to Soul Engine
Considering how ridiculous that would be, I think this is more of a Balance Fu thing.
I don't see how this still can't be a thing since you'd still be able to lock a Dullahan into soul engine with Interference and watch how they can't do anything for the next 3-11 rounds

However I thought it was a bug, if its not then let me know.
Interference shuts this down, entirely and will net you an instantaneous victory against a Dullahan since there are 0 ways to cure a 10+ round interference. It'd also stop the regen as well, keeping them in a perpetually "KO'd" state so they can't heal whatsoever. HP, or FP. Which means that Dullahans are worse than incapacitated, simply because you can't revive them ontop of that.

Less their 1 round stun also gives them stun immunity.
Interference also only exists as something Void Mages and a few Magic Gunners/Hexers have access to.

Keep in mind this would give the item so much synergy with the race that you basically have to use it.

If anything I'd rather say just stick that effect on Soul Engine so they could actually wear something else.
How about we wait until Dev responds to this to start declaring this Balance Fu.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Void Assassin, Grand Summoners, Hexers, Magic Gunners.

Probably some 10 star items too, or something.

That's 4 classes with access to interference, OR to a similar enough skill like it (( See: Grand Summoner )). That's enough to warrant a small rechange on stun-locking a Dullahan.
So my opinion on this is two-fold.

1) Mayelia definitely should be applying when a Dullahan skips their turn due to Soul Engine. The item wording makes this clear.
2) Interference is a little too effective on Dullahans. So, Burden Soul now has an additional effect of causing Interference to only be 50% effective on Dullahans. (Meaning they will still recover HP and FP, but the total will be reduced by half.)
Any chance Llunel's decay will counteract this change? Given that it's, uh, immensely useless at the moment.
No, there is no chance.