Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Rule Clarification: Original slot returns.
I remember this being mentioned before, but I can't find it, and it came up.

Items can be traded back to the original Key+slot of the ID. No one else from the IP, but the same key+slot is okay. As in, if it was Ranylyn Sot 3, that character could get their own items back.

I needed to flat out remake a character because of an issue that could not be fixed by LE, so I asked if anyone could hold onto two items of IC importance as I remade, as items going back to the same slot DOES work. And quite understandably, no one wanted to help because of the twinking rules and it not working anymore. I can't blame them at all. But I do seem to remember Dev saying something about it being okay to the same slot only, hence why you can get your own items back in the first place?

Anyways, I'm wondering for future reference. If I WAS breaking a rule for asking with that, I apologize.
*loud burp*
Bumping because this has come up again: I want to bring back an old character made two years ago, WAY before the "the race you pick is the race you are" rule was made (A friendly reminder that back then, with far less races, it was also deemed as acceptable to play as an "offshoot" race of sorts, like how Paravir was basically a more dragon-y serpentkin before hyattr was ever properly implemented, etc, so keep your accusations of metagaming to yourself, thank you) a character who had one parent's race ICly had the other's race mechanically (Lupine stats, ICly an Elf - the justification being they were simply hardier than most elves due to the other parent) and they have some important IC heirlooms they cannot easily replace, and their race cannot be properly fixed via LE.

To clarify what I'm asking, because items are technically locked to the slot rather than the character itself, you can technically delete a character and have the new character made in that slot acquire the items belonging to the old character. So I'm asking if it's acceptable to REMAKE the character to fix issues and get their own IC items back
*loud burp*
It was never okay to play a race you couldn't pick in the race board.

You can remake the character on the same slot to get items back, but only if it's the same character, and I won't be making any modifications to the system to simplify it.
1) Pretty sure Bjarn explicitly got permission to play a more dragon-like serpentkin befor hyattr were added, and before Leporidae were added and before the rule was changed to "you are what you pick" you yourself specifically said you had no problem with people using the rabbit ear headbands to claim to be some kind of rabbit Kaelen, but that was on the old forums and I have no way of going back to check for proof, so all right, I won't argue it any further. I mean, I could be remembering exceptions rather than the norm, which would make perfect sense.

2) Perfect, thank you. No need to make any changes to the system. I mainly just wanted a forum post saying "yes, you can do that" that I can link someone to the next time someone flips out on me and accuses me of cheating for doing that. Because I have over 10 keys and there's definitely a few instances of picking the wrong race, like accidentally clicking on the wrong type of human and not catching it until after creation, so I may be doing some mass remakes soon. (Not even joking. I have a "Tannite" from Lispool, oops. My fault for working on coding the html for the profile while going through the tutorial and being distracted.)
*loud burp*
I don't think people really care about human origins. Just don't pick Felidae and say you're a unicorn.

But you could totally play a monohorn Zeran. *cough*