Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Artist Kip-Ups
Kip up is one of the worst offenders for "Why should we use this class? Oh right, this one innate."

It gives, practically, KD immunity, but also is something that you just simply.. get. 3 SP to fully remove the possibility of ever getting KD'd. What do I suggest?

Two things, I guess. Remove the ability to Kip-up whilst in heavy (or maybe even light!) armor. If removing the ability to kip-up in light, add the ability for it to only restore some of your momentum, rather than all. It makes it quite a bit better than it is now with BK's just.. nabbing Monk Main because "Oh, I can get 10% resist all and a ton of other stuff? Nifty."

It really helps. While we're at it.. can we please-please-please look at how overwhelmingly good MA is as a base class? Like, it's already stellar, but.. maybe nerfing some things in it will make it somewhat better than tossing a ton of new skills at it without balancing what it already has.

Complaints I have; I guess... Which also leads to one of their better Promotions.
Meditate: SKI healing. Pretty good, actually.
Shukuchi: A more costly Charge that doesn't get neat stuff attached to it.
Kip Up: Need I say more?
Dodge Strike: Actually useless a good chunk of the time.
Dodge Innates: Pretty good, 'balanced' sort of.
Cleanse Body: It's.. a WIL based.. skill.. in a class that.. doesn't actually get WIL growths that well. This really should be changed to just use SKI instead. Everyone gets a decent bit of SKI. Not many get good WIL.
Class: This class is good for EVERYONE. Don't have the stats for it? No problem, use and abuse it for its innates.

MONK COMPLAINTS ARE WORSE THOUGH.
Every stat is an offensive stat, even your defense!
Literally everyone wants this class mained because 10% Resist all OP.
Aid: Yet another time where the class has a skill that.. isn't based on any stat it gains??? This is literally a free shitton of healing for High WIL characters that also generates a decent bit of KI to get to 10% resist all quicker. It also.. moves you some? Which is kinda nice, because it forces most people to move back into melee with you.
BoI: Fuckkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk your powerful attack that you've spent 2+ turns telegraphing. I don't care.
Dense Thunder: TRAIL OF THE DRAGON. ((Free Knockdown for days. And if you're slower than your opponent, you'll never suffer the negatives of losing KI because you'll regen it by next round))
I just want to point out that Kip Up doesn't make you immune to being knocked down. It simply makes getting up take less (or no) momentum. Even a character with Kip Up will suffer from the evade penalty, and all the nasty effects that can trigger on a character that's knocked down (such as Execute or Face Stomp).

*slips out*
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
"Immune" in a sense. You still take some bads, but the major bads (generally the -3M) can be avoided entirely. Execute/Facestomp remove the KD status anyways ((And if you're MA getting knocked down, 12% or 7% shouldn't be TOO bad))
[Image: salt_114337314.jpg&width=600&constrain=true]

Kip-up stops people, like you, from doing that thing you've been doing recently what with KD locking people into 4 momentum. Therefore it's perfectly fine as is.

As for why Monk uses so many different stats it's kind of easily explainable really. Monks are usually associated with seeking enlightment. Anyone can reach enlightment no matter what their best properties are and make use of it. Not to mention Fist Mages are a thing Dev has openly stated he wanted to see.

tl;dr: You're only suggesting this because your rainbow archer lady probably lost a spar to a Monk/Martial artist and therefore these suggestions were made to only benefit you yet again.

/thread.
Kip up is perfectly fine where it is, its only available to MA promos
I don't see much problem with Kip-Up. I also think it's fine as is.
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=10885#p10885 Wrote:NaitoPsych » Mon Dec 21, 2015 11:48 am[/url]"][Image: salt_114337314.jpg&width=600&constrain=true]

Kip-up stops people, like you, from doing that thing you've been doing recently what with KD locking people into 4 momentum. Therefore it's perfectly fine as is.

As for why Monk uses so many different stats it's kind of easily explainable really. Monks are usually associated with seeking enlightment. Anyone can reach enlightment no matter what their best properties are and make use of it. Not to mention Fist Mages are a thing Dev has openly stated he wanted to see.

tl;dr: You're only suggesting this because your rainbow archer lady probably lost a spar to a Monk/Martial artist and therefore these suggestions were made to only benefit you yet again.

/thread.

#WrongJackass

I can hit a MA perfectly fine. I was going to make an MA. I was just saying this because "ho boy. A kinda OP class is gon get more skills"
If Kip-Up had an FP cost, required a Skill Slot, or had some kind of caveat, I'd think it would be a little more fair.

Knockdown is too good, and Kip-up is too good because of that.

[strike]now let's give mages a skill that lets them recover from silence immediately when their turn starts and see how people like it[/strike]
Its 1 skill for 1 base class that solves a major problem with KD, but not all the problems, Its -fine-
I think Kip-Up is fine. As for Golden Glow, that's probably another topic, but since it's on my mind; I could see it changing to flat damage reduction instead of being treated as resists and triggering momentum penalties.