Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Event System support and idea bouncing thread
In light of a recent thread about imprisonment and the responses to it, I figured I should start pestering about the event system mentioned forever ago but never really after that
I don't really have any suggestions for it other than JUST DO IT, but I do want to bring it to mind and see if anyone else has anything to say about it.
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing
-Free For All Battles: instead of trying to make the 'swap team mid combat' suggestion, just make it so everyone can hurt/help everyone in a battle, i.e., you can use any skill on anyone on the field. Friend gets caught in your Sear? Call it a collateral. Because truly, fire doesn't give a damn who you are. Fortune Wind someone, and make them think you want them to live; use it a second time, and make the winds tear them and anyone near them to shreds. I see this as a good way to make betrayal battle RP.

-Local World Battles: Have the option to make any battles occurring in a local map (Cellsvich, Dormeho, Tannis, etc) act like a Black Beast battle. You would be fighting in the area you began the attack in, and that could give some realism to the scene, rather than acting tough in the middle of a pier in Dormeho, and then finding yourself fighting in a grassy plain. The only problem I can see with this is the normal Black Beast stuff, such as people getting stuck in odd places like the middle of the water, or one of the standalone islands in Chaturanga.

-Scale any Event made battles to highest player level, if in a party.

-Have battles matter. If Dormeho/Tannis/Coastal Cove were to not be defended multiple times from Black Beasts (or other, possible future attacks) it may look worse for wear. Prices may go up, since merchants don't travel there. The buildings may retain irreparable scars or defacing, and be boarded up or abandoned.

-Sea monster/Kraboid swarm attacks in Coastal Cove instead of Black Beasts every once in a while?

-Traveling merchants. Could be a pirate/sailor one that parks in Coastal Cove/Dormeho from time to time, maybe.
Quote:OOC Devourer Of Souls: She left me for WoW?! THIS IS BULLSHIT

Quote:Underwhelmed green-haired girl shouts "BITING EACH OTHER IS NOT A LIZARD SEX THING."
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11496#p11496 Wrote:Mivereous » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:06 pm[/url]"]-Free For All Battles: instead of trying to make the 'swap team mid combat' suggestion, just make it so everyone can hurt/help everyone in a battle, i.e., you can use any skill on anyone on the field. Friend gets caught in your Sear? Call it a collateral. Because truly, fire doesn't give a damn who you are. Fortune Wind someone, and make them think you want them to live; use it a second time, and make the winds tear them and anyone near them to shreds. I see this as a good way to make betrayal battle RP.
I think that's really hard to implement and doesn't have so much benefit, but it could be useful when it comes to making actual events happen..?

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11496#p11496 Wrote:Mivereous » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:06 pm[/url]"]-Local World Battles: Have the option to make any battles occurring in a local map (Cellsvich, Dormeho, Tannis, etc) act like a Black Beast battle. You would be fighting in the area you began the attack in, and that could give some realism to the scene, rather than acting tough in the middle of a pier in Dormeho, and then finding yourself fighting in a grassy plain. The only problem I can see with this is the normal Black Beast stuff, such as people getting stuck in odd places like the middle of the water, or one of the standalone islands in Chaturanga.
THIS is a great idea.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11496#p11496 Wrote:Mivereous » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:06 pm[/url]"]-Scale any Event made battles to highest player level, if in a party.
I'm not so sure about this one. An event boss could be challenged by a party of level 1 players and be toast because they don't have the FP to use their skills.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11496#p11496 Wrote:Mivereous » Sat Jan 16, 2016 5:06 pm[/url]"]-Have battles matter. If Dormeho/Tannis/Coastal Cove were to not be defended multiple times from Black Beasts (or other, possible future attacks) it may look worse for wear. Prices may go up, since merchants don't travel there. The buildings may retain irreparable scars or defacing, and be boarded up or abandoned.
Not so sure about that, considering black beast attacks can happen at 5 AM, but future attacks and event-related damages and results would do a lot for the game's setting

Good suggestions
When I read 'Event System Support', I hear 'Things given to specific players by Dev or GMs that enable them to do more than they could before'. This'll usually involve some self-sacrifice, of course, because if you decide to become Bloeden-esque with these tools, you're not going to survive your arc. You will probably be executed by the end of it. However, the point of doing this sort of thing wouldn't be to try to preserve characters, but to progress the plot. So it wouldn't matter if your character is 1 month old OOC'ly or several years old OOC’ly- all that would matter is the roleplay involved.

- Player Houses: The ability to lockpick any door- or otherwise phase through any door- would be pretty useful to someone trying to do nefarious stuff. If they’re trusted or have a GM watching them, then further abilities- such as being able to burn wood tiles/walls that are on someone’s lot or steal items from their item mounts- could be great tools for plot progression.
- PvP: If a major villain or event character in general is going to be a threat, they’re probably going to need two things: Higher level caps (65, 70, beyond for wyverns and other legendary creatures/deities) and unique skills to use in battle. Both of these would require either intense supervision or trust, however, and someone with this sort of power would never find themselves lounging around in the arena. They would be sitting in a fortress or mansion and commanding stuff from the background until they’re confronted. The former is pretty self-explanatory, but the latter? I have some examples of unique abilities that the occasional super baddie could get:
~ Turn Tables: For 5 turns, those with lower Celerity get their turn before those with higher Celerity. Class D invocation, 40 FP.
~ Gravity Inversion: All players and youkai within eight tiles of the user obtain the ‘Telekinesis Hold’ status, which just forces them to be airborne for three turns regardless of what they do during their turns. Class D invocation, 52 FP.
~ Dyaizo: Every opponent that is airborne is sent flying away from you 3-7 tiles, and takes unresistable damage based on your Wil/3. 30 FP, 4M
Etc etc. If all else fails, just let them get Demon Encapsulation and other skills that the average joe cannot access.

I just woke up a bit ago so I’m short on ideas. I’ll try to brainstorm some more later.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11501#p11501 Wrote:Egil » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:18 pm[/url]"]When I read 'Event System Support', I hear 'Things given to specific players by Dev or GMs that enable them to do more than they could before'. This'll usually involve some self-sacrifice, of course, because if you decide to become Bloeden-esque with these tools, you're not going to survive your arc. You will probably be executed by the end of it. However, the point of doing this sort of thing wouldn't be to try to preserve characters, but to progress the plot. So it wouldn't matter if your character is 1 month old OOC'ly or several years old OOC’ly- all that would matter is the roleplay involved.
Yeah. I recall that when originally the idea was talked about, there was discussion of having a team of specific people given event verbs and permissions
I figure that the point of having villains or characters for events is that they're disposable--or, not really disposable, but not meant to survive.

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11501#p11501 Wrote:Egil » Sat Jan 16, 2016 7:18 pm[/url]"]- PvP: If a major villain or event character in general is going to be a threat, they’re probably going to need two things: Higher level caps (65, 70, beyond for wyverns and other legendary creatures/deities) and unique skills to use in battle. Both of these would require either intense supervision or trust, however, and someone with this sort of power would never find themselves lounging around in the arena. They would be sitting in a fortress or mansion and commanding stuff from the background until they’re confronted. The former is pretty self-explanatory, but the latter? I have some examples of unique abilities that the occasional super baddie could get:
~ Turn Tables: For 5 turns, those with lower Celerity get their turn before those with higher Celerity. Class D invocation, 40 FP.
~ Gravity Inversion: All players and youkai within eight tiles of the user obtain the ‘Telekinesis Hold’ status, which just forces them to be airborne for three turns regardless of what they do during their turns. Class D invocation, 52 FP.
~ Dyaizo: Every opponent that is airborne is sent flying away from you 3-7 tiles, and takes unresistable damage based on your Wil/3. 30 FP, 4M
Etc etc. If all else fails, just let them get Demon Encapsulation and other skills that the average joe cannot access.
I think that raising the level cap for them would be good for intimidating, but event stats should be edited or at least not ground up normally for the sake of having a character able to live up to their purpose.
The skills you suggested are all pretty good.

Some ideas of my own for event permissions-
The ability to rename skills for immersion's sake, and also so you don't have to draft up a whole new set of skills for each incident and each enemy.
IC/OOC testing verb. Come across someone or want to start something with someone? Have them receive a popup that asks if they're open for interaction. Should flash the window.
Player location- Find out where players are congregated and where they aren't without having to run around the world like a maniac. A little metagamey, but seeing as the people with event permissions are supposed to be trusted people, it should work.
Worldwide broadcast of event emotes. Not all of the emotes should be done that way, but having a message that everyone in game can see is a good way to start an event, like what Chaos used for the execution.
Spawning equipment so you don't have to grind it for the event character. Anything you spawn on a character is untradeable. I guess an exception can be made if the event boss is defeated and someone wants to take the weapon as a trophy? That would actually be a pretty good feature--
Event boss drops of equipment of the event characters or unique items. This would add actually rare things to the game, too, since there's a limited amount.
Creating items--items that don't mechanically have a use, but are specific to the event, like..uh..frozen frogs for the ice fairy. You can rename, rewrite the description, and change the icon and value of the item.

Also, I think event permissions should only be available when someone is actively currently working on an event. Maybe have Chaos able to toggle them on or off for certain keys.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11502#p11502 Wrote:Tsundere » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:50 pm[/url]"]
Some ideas of my own for event permissions-
The ability to rename skills for immersion's sake, and also so you don't have to draft up a whole new set of skills for each incident and each enemy.
IC/OOC testing verb. Come across someone or want to start something with someone? Have them receive a popup that asks if they're open for interaction. Should flash the window.
Player location- Find out where players are congregated and where they aren't without having to run around the world like a maniac. A little metagamey, but seeing as the people with event permissions are supposed to be trusted people, it should work.
Worldwide broadcast of event emotes. Not all of the emotes should be done that way, but having a message that everyone in game can see is a good way to start an event, like what Chaos used for the execution.
Spawning equipment so you don't have to grind it for the event character. Anything you spawn on a character is untradeable. I guess an exception can be made if the event boss is defeated and someone wants to take the weapon as a trophy? That would actually be a pretty good feature--
Event boss drops of equipment of the event characters or unique items. This would add actually rare things to the game, too, since there's a limited amount.
Creating items--items that don't mechanically have a use, but are specific to the event, like..uh..frozen frogs for the ice fairy. You can rename, rewrite the description, and change the icon and value of the item.

Also, I think event permissions should only be available when someone is actively currently working on an event. Maybe have Chaos able to toggle them on or off for certain keys.

How much money do we have to give Dev to make this happen?????
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]