Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Status Affliction; Again
So. BACK TO THIS FUN STUFF WOWZERS!

Okay so. This will be part of a like. Three part thing. Don't worry. It'll be worth it whenever all of them are posted. You'll love it.™

Okay so. Status Affliction is kinda dumb still. Namely because people who don't level up as Hexer, are better hexers. Which is dumb. Why do you think this? WELL LETS SEE.

WIL/2+SKI+LUC+OTHER SHIT vs RES+LUC+OTHER SHIT.

So far as I REMEMBER. LETS GET DEV'S OLD POST UP IN HERE!!!

"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=2597#p2597 Wrote:Neus » Tue Dec 23, 2014 3:04 pm[/url]"]Your opinion is noted Ryu, thanks.

Anyway, just to illustrate my point.

Number 1 - Stats only.

40 WIL, 40 SKI, 40 LUC inflicter. Base Infliction: 160
40 RES, 40 LUC resister. Base Resistance: 80

80% chance to inflict a status effect without any other factors.

Number 2 - Inflicter stats only, Resister with full bonuses.

Base Infliction: 160
Base Resistance: 80
+ 10 (Anti-Status)
+ 10 (Warding Enchantment)
+ 10 (Warding Torso)
+ 10 (Crucifix)
+ 10 (Alchemy effect)
+ 12 (Fox God level 6 status resistance)
+ 30 (Fairy Ring x3)
= 172 Status Resistance

-12% chance to inflict a status effect.

Number 3 - Inflicter and Resister with full bonuses.

Base Infliction: 160
+ 12 (Fox God level 6 status infliction)
+ 20 (Hexer's Dark Invasion)
+ 30 (Hexer's Payback)
+ 30 (Doomed weapon bonus)
= 252 Infliction

252 Infliction VS 172 Status Resistance = 80% Status Infliction.

Things to note;
-Resister's setup requires 2 specific items to be equipped, 1 trait point, 3 Talent Points, and a specific class with 3 specific Youkai. Good Medicine requires an item use and lasts for 2 rounds.
-Inflicter's setup requires 8 SP, a doomed weapon, and to take damage.
-Resister's setup is much less practical than the Inflicter's and has a greater opportunity cost.
-I just picked 40 because it was a nice middle-ground number.
-If the formula were SKI+LUC vs RES+LUC, the 80% status inflictions would become 0%.
-WIL/2+SKI+LUC vs RES+LUC might be a happier medium, because the attacker should have a bit of an edge over the defender to avoid stalemate situations.

So. WIL/2+SKI+LUC vs RES+LUC. No extra bonuses, same stats as above.

40 WIL + 40 SKI + 40 LUC = 100 Status Affliction
40 RES + 40 LUC = 80 Status Affliction

20% Chance to Afflict, from stats alone? Thats pretty sad. Where it comes to shine though is Hexer.

Assuming a practical set up so that you can actually not lose so much stuff to fight a Hexer.

The defender will have GS with 3 Fairies, and the Trait: Anti-Status.

The attacker will have a Rustic Tome and Dark Invasion and "Payback"

40 WIL + 40 SKI + 40 LUC + 30 Rustic + 20 Dark Invasion = 150 Affliction

40 RES + 40 LUC + 30 (Fairies) + 10 (Trait) - 30 (Payback) = 90 Resistance

60% Chance to Afflict, simply for having them attack you. That sounds like a pretty good deal, really. That's assuming the person you're fighting runs Grand Summoner and that you actually have trash SKI. I've compiled a list of four different characters. Ranging from a Mage, Mage Tank, Super Mage, and a god damn Archer. Let's see how their stats actually show up on the Status Affliction/Resist chart!

[Image: mGTeuro.jpg]

Status Affliction: 68 WIL + 44 SKI + 36 LUC = 114 Status Afflict
Status Resistance: 19 RES + 36 LUC = 55 Status Resistance

[Image: r7wzIbj.jpg]

Status Affliction: 68 WIL + 38 SKI + 20 LUC = 92 Status Afflict
Status Resistance: 55 RES + 20 LUC = 75 Status Resistance

[Image: au1Y7Hj.jpg]

Status Affliction: 77 WIL + 45 SKI + 27 LUC = 110 Status Afflict
Status Resistance: 46 RES + 27 LUC = 73 Status Resistance

[Image: 0UMQJRy.jpg]

Status Affliction: 25 WIL + 56 SKI + 43 LUC = 111 Status Afflict
Status Resistance: 18 RES + 43 LUC = 61 Status Resistance
Afflicting themselves, a lot of these characters would have a decent chance with just stats alone. Though, it's the fact that, as a Hexer, they pretty much get a permanent +80 to their status affliction chance. Just outright due to Payback + Rustic + Dark Invasion. Things that a Hexer will want to take if they plan to afflict. Why wouldn't you use a rustic tome if it gives +30 Affliction and make your normal +10 from Dark Invasion become +20? That, and if you use Rustic, you gain access to the all powerful Sayakana. You lose nothing for going this route. Whilst if the Defender wishes to not be afflicted, they must give up an entire class to go GS with the three Fairies (which if they were already GS, they get the benefits, but a lot of people don't GS!). They then also have to sacrifice a trait point. This cost is still much more than the Hexer gives, and they have a lot more to lose for it.

But, you think, What about the characters who go GS with their 55 RES and 40 LUC? Let's be fair. Characters that have 55 RES and 40 LUC are few and far between, unless they're installing (Which will be in another balance fu thread popping up soon). The opportunities to get bonuses to WIL and SKI are farther between than getting a bonus to RES. Even with 55 RES and 40 LUC, you only attain 95 Status Resistance, which if we're playing the min-max game, a 60 WIL, 60 SKI, 30 LUC Hexer can get through with relative ease. Though they are afforded a bit of trouble if the 95 Status Resistance person tosses their best Status Resistance Gear on.

Number 2 - Inflicter stats only, Resister with full bonuses.

Base Infliction: 120
Base Resistance: 95
+ 10 (Anti-Status)
+ 10 (Warding Enchantment)
+ 10 (Warding Torso)
+ 10 (Crucifix)
+ 10 (Alchemy effect)
+ 30 (Fairy Ring x3)
= 175 Status Resistance

-55% chance to inflict a status effect.

Number 3 - Inflicter and Resister with full bonuses.

Base Infliction: 120
+ 20 (Hexer's Dark Invasion)
+ 30 (Hexer's Payback)
+ 30 (Doomed weapon bonus)
= 200 Infliction

200 Infliction VS 175 Status Resistance = 25% Status Infliction.

As it stands, a somewhat absurd character with high RES and LUC that is using up their Torso and Enchantment slot on it, alongside an Accessory Slot, A class Slot, Three Youkai Slots, a Battle Item Slot, and 3 Momentum (to apply said battle item), and a Trait, has 175 status resistance.

The hexer with rather realistic stats, spends their Main Hand's Enchantment slot, 8 SP that they were already going to, and have to take damage of any kind from the target, have 200 Affliction. Sure they must find a somewhat 'rare' enchantment, but there are tons of people grinding for that stuff now-a-days. Now then. Is going all out in that gear against a Hexer really fair? Eh. Maybe. Should it be changed? probably. Dropping the SKI modifier to SKI/2 would make it a tad better, or even SKI*3/4. It's really good, and makes it so that people that don't even have the WIL for it can just afflict people left and right with Hexer when they have no WILL doing it. Remember, if the Defender in the last example had one trait, it'd be 105, meaning the hexer still have 95 Affliction, with 65 Affliction if they haven't dealt damage to them yet. Hexer's can also force -RES onto a target with a combination of two of their skills, and they perform rather painful combos that involve them just standing there once they land a poison hex and just smiling as you take all your health.

If it is dropped to SKI/2, I could see WIL being brought back up to WIL*3/4, and I think that works beautifully. In a small check above, with every actual real character stat from Spoiler 2 being checked, most of the characters were relatively the same. Their status affliction dropped by 3-5 points except for the Archer, who lost about 22. This will make it more fair to the mages who actually built for Hexes, whilst also semi-punishing Hexers who don't.

Yada yada. You all can post all ya want, I'm off to make a new Balance Fu thread.
I feel the suggested changes are a tad too crippling to many characters (Especially Wyverntouched Bites as they have low skill, need to hit, AND need to pass a status infliction check, but also including Doriad Grass, Archers, weapons that cause poison, etc.) and simply continues to reward Evokers turning hexer at level 60 by hurting everything else more than itself.

So while I think you have a very good idea on paper, I'm simply worried about the falout from such a change. At present, my hexer/BK (Read: Capitalizing on hexer defenses to actually be built to use their curses, unlike the more glass cannon-y Evoker turned hexer Wretched Lol spam) already needs to rely entirely on Payback + Cursed weapon just to even get a small chance to cause ailments with Undwrworld Flame or Wretched Oil in PVE. And this would hurt it even more.

But at the same time, it's also not like I can suggest any better changes (except maybe making hexer ailments alone based more on defenses, to penalize evokers turned hexer, but that's dumb, or to make many more non-hexer aiments automatic, but that's also equally dumb) so I'm tentatively on board for a trial run of this at the very least.
*loud burp*
Let's not.
As it is right now, Ranlyn. Hexers that level up as hexers get screwed.

Why?

35% WIL growth. 15% SKI growth.

Know who, currently, makes the best inflicters? High SKI, high LUC, Mediocre WIL.

To a normal hexer, or even a normal Evoker, this won't really change much. Also. The fuck Ranlyn. "This will hurt Wyverntouched biters because they have low skill" this will LITERALLY make them better at biting the shit out of people because Wyverntouched get a lot of WIL and low SKI.

Currently the formula is

SKI+LUC+(WIL/2)=Status Affliction.

What will it be after this?

(SKI/2)+LUC+(WIL*3/4)=Status Affliction.

On most builds this won't change a damn thing. It will only affect people who have horrendous WIL but high SKI (like my archer), reducing their affliction rate by about 30~
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11493#p11493 Wrote:Rendar » Sat Jan 16, 2016 10:18 am[/url]"]The fuck Ranlyn. "This will hurt Wyverntouched biters because they have low skill" this will LITERALLY make them better at biting the shit out of people because Wyverntouched get a lot of WIL and low SKI.

Right, because they don't get 30% Str, good defense, and make decent melee characters, too. Yes, how stupid of me to ignore that every single WT is a mage.

Please. You know as well as I do that unless they're a will based class, they'll likely have 20-something will by level 60. And their bite is based on Str, so there's basically no real point to doing it as a mage unless you just want a slightly higher level of poison than you can get from wretched oil.
*loud burp*
How about we just knock off the Infliction bonus from Doomed weapons, or start making Rustic weapons lose durability whenever an Infliction check it can chip into happens.

Or nerf the bonus from Payback into +15% tops, to start.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Spells that take Tome power into consideration taking durability hits when.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11746#p11746 Wrote:Rendar » Wed Jan 20, 2016 11:13 pm[/url]"]Spells that take Tome power into consideration taking durability hits when.
This should be a necessity, actually. Especially when Rustic Tomes NEVER run into any sort of durability issue.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye