Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weakening Doors
If they're going to do so much damage, can the spawn rate of doors be decreased slightly?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11863#p11863 Wrote:MegaBlues » Mon Jan 25, 2016 6:31 pm[/url]"]If they're going to do so much damage, can the spawn rate of doors be decreased slightly?

Also this. I've had floors that were just like 30% doors. Not even joking.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=11853#p11853 Wrote:Neus » Mon Jan 25, 2016 2:04 pm[/url]"]Bashing a door now reduces its lock level by 1; when it reaches 0, it opens. Keep in mind that for high level dungeons, that can mean something like lock level 6 or 7, so bashing it down will still hurt you a lot. But you might be able to bash it down to a level where you can pick it at the cost of some HP.

Consequently I've made the damage you take from bashing doors 5*lock level. Otherwise this would completely negate the point of lockpicking.
That second part negates the point of any door solution that isn't lockpicking. Not to mention that lockpicking will still be the superior option even if we just took (2*Lock LV) damage on door-bashing, and there's certainly no way to force open chests right now. It will not hurt lockpicking to tone down the damage scaling.

That, or give ways for certain classes to bash doors more easily. I don't see how a properly-equipped Black Knight would just go and break their arm/leg on a door as easily as a properly-equipped Evoker would.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
True @Chaos.
Also, bashing open chests at the cost of losing 90% of the items inside would be any good?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]