Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Edge
Not to say these two things aren't good on their own, but I think it'd be neat if Holy and Purity Edge could somehow be made to work together.

I'm thinking a new Priest skill like one of the following:

Passive, 1 Rank. Lets Holy (and maybe Divine) enchanted weapons qualify for Purity Edge (or makes Purity Edge weapons considered Holy).
Passive, Toggle, 2 Ranks. While active, equipped (non-Mutated) weapons will be considered to be enchanted with Holy for all purposes. Rank 2 makes it free to equip.
Active Buff, 5 Ranks. Grants an ally Rank*10 Holy for 3/3/4/4/5 Rounds.

The toggle skill would effectively disable current enchantments, which is why it wouldn't work with Mutation.
Holy status would basically have the same function as the weapon enchantment, but stack with other enchantments (other than Holy).

Thoughts?
I like it. Always found it weird that there wasn't a skill like this already.
I feel like the buff is the better choice out of the three, since Priest is more about supporting their allies. Usually. I think a range of 1 on it would make sense (and not be -that- bad since a mass > rescue can grab people from across the map to you anyways).

Other than that...I also think it'd be neat if the buff-version could also function on an enemy, but, instead, nullify the effects of cursed/doomed weapons on them (and in turn, removing bonus status infliction). It'd give priests another leg up against hexers, if they really need it. Amongst other things.

But, yeah, the first two seem more like something that'd fit on like, the hypothetical third promo for curate (Church Knight anyone???) that's more geared toward offensive support, thus for now since we just have good ol' Priest, my vote goes toward the buff. Could call it something like 'Sanctify Weapon'.
A downside to using Cursed/Doomed weapons against a Priest? Heavens yeah, count me in.

(Also, God Rod makes it easy for me to forget Priest is support.)
Priest is support? I don't really use it anything other than Sanctuary ((and occasionally strong legs whenever it's actually useful))