Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minimum Movement
While it is funny to see opponents reduced to 1 move sometimes, I believe restricting someone's move into the negative, until the point where they can't even boost it by 1 with Charge or Shuukuchi is way too much, especially against black knights, I believe that movement impairing abilities should reduce movement to a minimum of 1, instead of below 1 with stuff like OC Celcius shell and then cripple legging someone.
Yeah, I agree that there should be a Minimum. I'd say no lower than 3 Move would be good.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I agree. 3 seems a very good number.

It'd still be nice to technically be able to lower it further but have 3 be the "enforced minimum," though, simply so MAs can't just shukuchi to have a minimum that's still higher than anyone else's class movement even when slowed. (Example: If they can get a total of +10 movement somehow, like tactician bonuses + shukuchi, etc, but were effectively at -mov from slowing effects before that is applies, applying that +10 to 3 would completely invalidate the point of using a slowing effect in the first place.)
*loud burp*
You should still have 1 Move no matter what, is this not the case?
It will still remain at 1 no matter what, you are right.

When you get your movement lowered to a negative number, charge will try to bring it up but will almost always still be negative from some really harsh hitting movement debuffs.

For example: Celcius shell is -bonus power movement, which can possibly be 12 movement reduction, and then cripple legging someone on top of that, would be another -5 move, leading to -17 move on any target, when the cap for move is already..

So say some tank has...about 7 move, which is generally acceptable for any tank honestly, with those debuffs, they get bumped down to -10 move, meaning that even if they charge, they get -5 move, still remaining at 1.

That is the problem mostly.
Not really a simple fix, though, is it?
Perhaps it calls for a celcius shell nerf, instead?
Can we just make move bonuses take effect after the minimum movement check? Or maybe make move bonuses affect the minimum movement as well.
I wasn't going to go there, but since nerfing Celcius Shell was mentioned....

As someone who's played a One Overcharge Gunner extensively, I'm 100% in favor of giving Celcius Shell a pretty heavy nerf, especially now that Cripple Leg is also a thing. I mean, unless my opponent had some kind of teleport move, my MG/VA was pretty stupid to fight against. (Detogate if they DO get close.) And this was when Detogate was brand new, so no Cripple Leg.

My suggestion: Bonus Power /2. (Maximum -2.5 (rounded up to 3, I guess?) move for multishot, and -6 move for single shot.)
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12211#p12211 Wrote:MegaBlues » Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:43 am[/url]"]Can we just make move bonuses take effect after the minimum movement check? Or maybe make move bonuses affect the minimum movement as well.

No, because then it would make any movement penalties relatively pointless.

I'll look into nerfing Celsius Shell.