Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Que] Vorpal Quickdeath
Akimbo does not interact with the bonus rounds received from quickdraw's UL effect (for good reason), so I was wondering if Vorpal strikes treated Rounds in the Defense/Rounds calculation as 2 (the base, not including UL bonus) as well. If so, it would mean you can fire up to 24 shots in one turn (with akimbo, extended grip, fleur, and two quickdraws), and Vorpal strike for several times as much damage as should be possible.
I'm sorry, I'm not sure what you're asking, could you rephrase the question?
Sure. Quickdraw's base rounds are two. However, when it's fully upgraded, it gains the bonus +4 rounds assuming it strikes a target who has 6 or more momentum. Despite these bonus rounds gained from the effect of upgrading it, Akimbo fires half of the base rounds of the gun. This means with two fully upgraded quickdraws, firing the first time will shoot 7 times: 2 from the base, 4 from the bonus effect, and 1 from akimbo.

Based off of the fact that akimbo does not fire an extra 2 times from the quickdraw 4 bonus rounds, I'm wondering if Vorpal strikes take them into consideration when calculating damage. Vorpal strikes with guns were changed to deal armor/rounds instead of flat armor a while ago, so if it only counts 'rounds' as 2, the base, you can feasibly shoot 7 times with vorpal strikes that deal the damage of a gun that shoots twice. My question is whether this is what occurs or not, because judging based on its interaction with Akimbo, I think it might. (It's really hard to find a vorpal quickdraw to test with)
As far as I can tell, Quickdraw's bonus rounds are treated just like normal rounds for the purpose of Vorpal splitting. Akimbo's extra shot might deal full Vorpal damage, but that's because it's a different weapon attack altogether.