Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mechanation Elaboration
Now, I'm not one to complain. But every so often I see something that's so dumb it makes me break out in hives from sheer stupidity. This being said since the start of the game people have always been questioning Mechanations and what they can or can't do. So I think it's time we got an explaination on the physiology of Mechanations so that dumb things like these can stop occuring:

[Image: sCGEX7Y.png]

[Image: sCGEX7Y.png]

This may not have been a big deal in SL1 what with the Rocket Punch and other Mechanation-only weapons. But so far there's nothing in SL2 stating such things with a Mech is possible being they are a fairly new Technology. Also this man claims to have permission to have all these dumb features:

[Image: sdTDSpw.png]

So, again, I think it'd be beneficial to Roleplay if we knew where the line lies with Mechanation and their physiology. What can or can't be built into them and what not. Because I've seen this particular character take off his own head and juggle it with no real negative drawbacks. I've also seen, at one point, someone take a soul from a Dullahan and put it into a Mechanation body but I think that one was shut down by the admins.

tl;dr people are doing dumb shit with Mechanations and I think we should have a guideline on the limits of their capabilities. So we can link it to people who don't know any better.
You know what'd happen if you blasted all the water out of your cooling systems and didn't find a "refueling" station for that shit? The mech would overheat. And probably die.

If he's venting out enough water to use it as a giant water cannon, his body wouldn't have enough water left in it to cool his systems. I mean maybe if he had a moister evaporator built into him.. but even then. That might not exist.
For Reference, I have indeed done stupid things on my character.

Albiet, the rest of the things have grounds while people cry and complain because of WHO I am.

As an example: Grapple abilities? I like to explain them via mechanation having a grapple arm attached to a chain. And for reference, he'd simply be low on water. It wasn't a 'water' cannon, she just had mud on her face and he blasted some water on it and sent air out to clean her off.

It's like how I like to RP magic on mechanation as well, focusing it through certain points of their body such as electricity, etc.
Well, in the future, I don't recommend confronting a player in the IC channel about something you have a problem with. I'm not sure how that would ever be a good idea, since all you're doing is putting them on the spot and that tends to make people defensive and start arguments.

As for the 'line', there's not much of one aside from 'a Mechanation must possess a human-like physique', which I define as a head, a torso, two 'arms' and two 'legs'. The idea of the body being modular has been there since the beginning, so having hidden weapons or stuff in the arms/legs isn't anything new or lore breaking. The arms and legs don't have to be particularly human either, for example, having 'goat legs' like Aigis is fine. Mechanations are built for a purpose or environment based on what their creator wants.

The only rule they must follow is that the Mechanation must be humanlike, which are the requirements I listed before. I would say the head is the most important part for this whole thing because it determines how 'human' your Mechanation can be. If the head they've got is a detailed face with hair and all that stuff, they are more prone to awakening as individuals. If you take too many steps away from that key design, the Mech's going to be a lot more robot-like, may be more difficult to repair, and more prone to falling into complete disrepair (a property of the scar; will to live is directly related to how human the mech recognizes itself as. When too low, the scar will 'die' more easily and thus so will the Mech. And I mean die die, not 'I broke' die. Once the scar dies there's not much you can do.)

As for taking off your head and juggling it around, that'd be okay for a futuristic robot, but not for a Mechanation. Removing the head from a Mech would be like removing your head from your shoulders, because it's what gives all of the commands to the body. Not to mention it would be pretty horrifying.