Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QUE]Desperado and mutated guns
In the case of a weapon being mutated into a gun, for example a Narcus, they do not gain any rounds upon being mutated, is this intentional? As this raises a very un-counterable situation for anyone using these, facing a desperado with bullet barrier, as they can reflect 4 swings of a mutated weapon as it does not have any rounds.

For example:
Desperado DH vs BK/MG with a mutated Narcus turned into a gun.
BK/MG goes to hanging in to attack, but the hit is deflected by a bullet.
BK/MG goes to attack again but is deflected by a bullet again.

The mutated gun in question does not gain rounds upon being mutated, so it becomes impossible for it to even get through bullet barrier because the mutated gun does not have any Rounds, thus not counting for eating up all of Desperado's Bullets in Bullet Barrier(or stuff like one overcharge)

This seems more like an oversight than anything rather than a balance issue so I put it in bug reports.

Weapon used in question:
[Image: 4a595d9768.png]
Confirming that this is a replicateable issue; I encountered this with my own Mutated Narcus recently.

I find it silly that Bullet Barrier counters it, despite not being able to get One Overcharge effects. Worst of both worlds.
*loud burp*
Dunno. List me some benefits of mutating it into a gun.
1. The weapon in question becomes a gun for the purposes of shell effects, but still feels like a melee weapon. because it has 1 range and does physical damage that targets defense, this makes playing off a spellblade with BK/MG or MG/Ghost REALLY cool as a concept, because overcharge.
(for example, playing off Blaze Shell overcharge + Narcus proc for a sword slash enchanted with fire magic to create a sear caused by a sword slash. Also gaining the utility of everything associated with shell effects)

2. The weapon in question gains the hit buffs of being a gun, +15 from Archer class, +25 from charged shot, +50 from Overcharge, combined with Flatfoot and Hanging, this makes an extremely accurate sword.

3. You gain access to Parting Shot, which still does regular damage, but now your sword has about 3 range and sends you flying back, typically how I use this is to bash someone forward, parting shot away with the sword and arrive in max Hanging range, for another +25 hit.

4. Its just a really damn cool concept for spell-blading or possibly using a gunblade(Idk if those would exist but heyyy)

Likewise I'll mention some downsides of mutating a sword into a gun.

Your weapon can now be deflected with blade barrier.(From the front at least, this can be solved by going to the side, which is quite fair considering you're now using a gun)
The weapon can be deflected with Bullet Barrier.(up to 4 times per round, and from behind too at that.)
The weapon can no longer use weapon specific skills like a sword's Sidecut and Shinken.
One last benefit that was not mentioned: Martial Lawbreaker. You can, at the very least, still use Soldier skills, if you equip Demon hunter.

But yes, primariy the reason for this at all is for a kind of weapon enchant gimmick build. I use it on an Oracle, so the hit bonus means nothing to me since it's 1 range anyways.
*loud burp*