Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fleeting Isesip
Not entirely sure if this is a bug, so:

If you're the last one in the turn order and do not have enough Ki, using Body of Isesip will take away 3M and however much FP to give you a one-round BoI.... which is then immediately taken away at the start of the next round.

I'm sure BoI doesn't need any buffs, but putting all of that in and losing it before it can even do anything is an unjustifiable waste.

In other words: Body of Isesip should be ticking down by the character's turn, not at the start of the round.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I can't find the post detailing this, but tl;dr making statuses tick down appropriately via character turns instead of rounds in general would require an overhaul of the system and isn't happening anytime soon.

Trust me, I asked.
Considering the powerful nature of BOI, only being able to use it if faster or if your opponent skips is a decent balance, anyways. Similar to Meditate's damage reduction doing nothing if you go last, since the DR effect ends once the healing effect kicks in. In a sense, it rewards playing a faster MA/Monk while giving drawbacks to subbing it as a soldier. I'm fine with it as is, really.
*loud burp*
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=12717#p12717 Wrote:Ranylyn » Sat Mar 26, 2016 6:21 pm[/url]"]Considering the powerful nature of BOI, only being able to use it if faster or if your opponent skips is a decent balance, anyways. Similar to Meditate's damage reduction doing nothing if you go last, since the DR effect ends once the healing effect kicks in. In a sense, it rewards playing a faster MA/Monk while giving drawbacks to subbing it as a soldier. I'm fine with it as is, really.
Unlike Meditate, BoI becomes an absolute waste of Momentum and Ki if you're the last one in the turn order and without sufficient Ki. That's not 'balance', that's invalidation. You already get 'rewarded' for being faster by being able to build up Ki and throw on BoI before anyone slower can respond to it, and believe it or not, it's not a 'reward' for people who don't sub Monk, it's more of a reward for people who sub Monk while having CEL and/or Quickdraws in spades.

....Beyond that. If making status effects tick on turns is impossible, then what about 'if you're the very last on the turn order, +1 Duration'?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Just don't get the skill if you're slow (assuming you can't make it work by opponents skipping and then using it?) Spend the SP elsewhere. Not every skill needs to be equally useful for every single build. Call it "an absolute waste of momentum" if you want, but there's far worse cases of invalidation elsewhere in the game this is one singular skill that the class can function without. [b]Yes, BOI is a good skill, and one that's nice to have, but it's also capable of completely blocking an attack that takes a lot of setup, such as an invocation, so I'd also argue that it not being universally helpful IS a form of balance in terms of not being "lol just slap monk on, whatever."

Furthermore, if you're giving a special benefit to only the person going last, Then it basically punishes people with medium speed who don't go early in the turn OR dead last by not helping them at all. Like, in a team of 4, the person going second-to-last doesn't get this, but their ally going dead last does. Just seems needlessly arbitrary and ony helps the slowest of the slow.

If we're going to come up with some way to make this "globally fair" to all speeds, might I suggest the brainstorm treatment? 2 Base rounds, +1 round with sufficient Ki, only triggers against one singular attack before being negated. The "balance" here comes from often not needing that +1 round and needing to choose between spending the Ki on BOI vs some of the offensive skills.
*loud burp*