Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: April (2016)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
Here's something that has bugged me for a long time and I cannot seem to find an answer.

What is the spacial nature of the Void? Meaning, if one were to push a sealed container into the Void, would the Void permeate the object even if it was some how 'void proof' or 'void resistant'? Or does the Void behave like it has at least one higher dimension of movement to go through, meaning it can go around an object's casing to seep in despite it being sealed in three dimensions.

In case I'm not clear enough, a cube in 4D space has open holes, because it is missing 4D sides. Same way a square is not a container in 3D space.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Naga question! How long would it have taken for the snakemen babies to form in the womb? How long is pregnancy? This is important, you see, because I need to find out how many babies aproximately they'd have to have given birth to.
Assuming this hasn't been asked yet. . .

*-I realize Haunting's description describes it as a "Mist" but what exactly is it? Can you elaborate on it or is it one of the RP mechanics that fall under "Left Up to the Character" for the most part?

-How does Holy Water affect Vampires? I imagine it has the same effect as Glykin Blood but I couldn't find it on the Wiki or a reliable source for this.

-How is Holy Water made? From Mercalan Priests blessing water or-?

*-Gambling! While there is a Den dedicated to this in Oniga, how does the rest of the world of Sigrogana feel about it? This pertaining to the multiple variations we're all-to-familiar with in the real world: card games, blood sport/animal fighting, etc.

-Dullahans and Lichs!! Given the fact the Lich is a somewhat incorporeal being and the Dullahan is a vessel, would it be possible for a lich to find itself inside the Dullahan's armour via any means? Assuming this is possible, could this be parasitic in nature to the Lich as the Dullahan requires a good amount of Focus to act to the point their form dissipates and returns to the phylactery? How would the soul and the energy react together, etc, etc. I'm sorry for an overly long series of questions but a recent conversation really piqued my interest in this concept, mind you I'm not saying I want to go around RP'ing as a Dully-Lich but I just want to know where this concept sits in RP/Lore fashion.

*-Do Kaelensians, like Lupines and Felidae, have two sets of ears? Had a conversation about this with no other backing given other than player logic and the Wiki being kind of vague to an extent ("They are a human-like race possessing ____-like ears and a tail. . .", ". . . the Kaelensia >resemble< humans with some exceptions, typically carrying >some< animalistic physical traits, such as ears, tails, or wings. . .&quotWink.

-Are there any Mercalan-related factions aside from the Sun's Ichor and Church Knights aside from the church itself? Which, if any, could be playable upon approval?

Edited in Post-May Deadline:

-Are mercenary cells allowed to be based in civilized areas like Sigrogana's Empire, Kysei, Gold, etc? If so, what restrictions are maintained upon them, any regulatory groups, etc?

Will add questions to this post as the month goes on possibly. . . [strike]assuming I can manage feeling inquisitive for once in my life[/strike]. I marked the questions I'm genuinely curious to have answered with an asterisk ([strike]please don't tell me the princess is in another castle[/strike]).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Can Doriad ever be 'born' in BDP (such as the Forest type)?
If so, what about from the miniature planets?

How about Dark Zones?

Are there any other 'unusual' places they might (or might not) be able to hail from, other than Karaten's magic forest and Alstalsia?

When was the Salamander Structure first founded?

How long did it take to spread beyond Karaten?

How long does it take to set up in new areas?

Karaten is said to make a large profit from implementing and maintaining it, how much does this cost exactly?

Are there any known places that haven't had it set up yet for one reason or another, such as Egwyn?

When was Sun's Ichor founded, and when was it denounced?

How large was it in terms of members, approximately? Are we talking maybe a dozen, or a few hundred?

Did they operate internationally, or were they mostly only present in Lordwain/Lispool?

I find it a little odd they could take Mercala's teachings that far when she's still around. What did The Voice have to say about their actions, if anything? Am I wrong to assume she just kept quiet until they started making mistakes?

Is there any chance we can get some sort of a power scale for various creatures and people?

For example, how do Dragons, Wyverns, Gods, and high level PCs generally stack up against each other?

Gods are surely the most powerful, but by how much? I imagine human Ryart was at least as strong as a top tier PC, but just how much more power did he get to be able to take on Zera? Are we talking shooting up from level 60 to 60,000 or what?
I cannot find this in the old Threads other than a bit about Mersales is(which was given in terms of map size) so umm how large are the continents?
I always assumed Sigrogana was about the size of North America and the rest where proportional in terms of relative map size but I do not know where this assumption came from.
1,000 Counts of 27.
How well known are the Celestial Gods and do they have an impact on the land as we know it or are they more of a mythology-like role where they were just sort of named but have no actual impact?

Further more, are they responsible for each respective element or more of just association?

Are there cults or other forms of worshipers that would rally behind a specific Celestial God?

Final-- Are they consider pagan gods?"
[Image: b89f62f8ce.jpg]
[Image: tumblr_m7g6clz79C1rpqqpz.gif] I'm also still Batman.
Detective questions:
1- What does it take for a person to be able to join 'the Agency'?
2- Can a player character be a part of them at all for now? If so, how?
3- Where is their 'HQ' located at?
4- Does the agency members has some, if any power over closed investigations?
5- Do they have any authorities like a Guard, or just enough morale to be trusted by them?

Mecha questions:
1- Can Mechanations who got their bodies damaged beyond repair somehow transfer their scars to another brand new?
2- If so, how expensive/complex would the operation be?
3- If it's easy, can they like, swap bodies with another mechanations if they need?
4- Can their 'scars' be removed and stored away for an indefinite time? (if not, how long until they 'run out of life-force'?)

Magical questions:
1- Can magic be used for raw convenience? For example, in a situation you reunite some wood, snap your fingers to light it up with flames then use your Focus to make the shadows printed on the wall shape-shift and dance for your amusement?
2- What's all it takes to use magic? Big Focus reserves, strong determination and willpower or just knowing how to because there's always an efficient trick behind it?

oh my fucking god im so sorry again Dev, ended up giant
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Shut-In questions:
1- How densely populated is each of Sigrogana's cities, villages, etc.? I imagine a place like Tannis is probably on the low end, with the capital of Cellsvich being something pretty ridiculously high compared to the rest, Oniga could be anywhere from really high since it could house an entire continent's worth of people, to really low depending on how many folks just up and left...
2- How much of the world is still 'untamed wilderness'? Has technology, magic, and civilization's needs/will brought about 'civilized', or 'tamed' stretches of wilderness for the most part- or are humans still relying on small pockets of civilization to get by in some places, like Egwyn? Are there places where people are very clearly just prey, or lands where the weather is just too unforgiving?
3- Is the wilderness, and it's beasts prone to random evolution, or mutation? With all the dead gods, magic, and meddlesome folks, do the animals just mutate, or grow, or something else, from time to time? Do guards get training for what-if situations where giant bears, or glowing wolves wander into town, especially around Karaten?
Would a Reihou(or various other youkai specific healing) be able to heal someone who has installed themself with a youkai? At least lore wise, and not mechanically speaking.

Late Edit:

This seems to come up a lot, what are the average heights for the following races:
Human
Lupine
Felidae
Leporidae
Corbie
Wyverntouched
Hyattr
Glykin
Naga
Zeran
Elf
Redtail