Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Expanding Teamwork
I think it would be a nice addition if expanding ice expanded all friendly ice tiles, instead of just your own. Currently the spell can get landlocked by an ally's spell or skill, which makes judging what tiles you're actually going to harm very difficult at times. Instead of having to play tactical turf war with your team, could we just expand all the ice on the field that belongs to you or a party member? Given the sheer amount of focus it costs to cast the spell, I don't think it would be unreasonable.
The sheer amount of focus needed to cast the spell makes the suggestion sound reasonable- until you realize that both users can use expanding ice and thus mitigate focus cost by making their ice fields spread out over most of the battlefield easily.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Egil" Wrote:The sheer amount of focus needed to cast the spell makes the suggestion sound reasonable- until you realize that both users can use expanding ice and thus mitigate focus cost by making their ice fields spread out over most of the battlefield easily.

I suppose if you want to group three or four will based Verglas characters together, you could do this, yes. But I can't imagine having three people spam expanding ice would be all that threatening in some large team battle -- in fact, just throwing together three Evokers or Wretched Oil spamming Hexers would likely get the job done much faster and for less FP. All this would really do is clear up the inherent confusion that crops up when staring at a battlefield filled with ice tiles. Which ones are mine? Which will disappear next turn? If the enemy is on an ally's ice tile, will they be immune to my expanding ice?
Fair enough. +1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Lore-wise, Verglas are supposed to work together wih the hyoyain, right? Which Dev has compared to Jin from Blazblue, aka an ice swordsman, right? As such, it's never struck me as logical that Expanding Ice only works on their own ice.
*loud burp*
To be honest, teamwork skills that aren't the classic 'me buff u, bes teamwork' would be more fun to have implemented on the game, atleast give it a chance for a testing or something.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Sure, why not.