Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Crane Hop Topic
Crane hop, 1M, 4 range.

On its own, with martial artist, is not that much of a problem. It already has distance closing attacks, etcetera.
However, in combination with other classes...
One of the main issues is againts melee classes. You can immidietly move at their back with 1M which in most cases happens to be just leftover momentum you'd have regardless, invalidating eviter, cobra, stalemate, riposte, blade barrier, watchful eye, bulwark, helping you position at their back for rogue bonuses, and gives you airborne status. Imagine if you're a corbie, you get extra bonuses for that as well. It also isn't affected by immobilize, which I'm mentioning just for completions sake.
It permits hit and run attacks with ease, yadda yadda. It moves you out of range of many moves, like couloir, absolute fear and many, many more like those.

One of my proposed changes was to change the momentum cost to 2M, which'd make it a situational move, like when you crit and have 2 leftover momentum, etcetera.
Other mentioned alternative was to simply decrease it to two range, still making it a viable move for back-attacking an enemy, but removing the free "move out of range of almost everything" card.

Discuss.
+1 Momentum per armor type, pls.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13229#p13229 Wrote:Snake » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:28 am[/url]"]+1 Momentum per armor type, pls.
Overall I support this topic. But a lot of the best armour is unarmoured particularly for Martial Artists so your Nerf wouldn't do anything except discourage some of the slightly more intersting MA builds. So please not that. The Armour based thing is awful.
1,000 Counts of 27.
What about the possibility of making it a Main Class-only Skill instead of continuing to nerf it until it's completely out of the competitive meta?

Edit: It seems like either the only thing people will be happy with is either nerfing it to oblivion or to restrict it's usage to specific setups. . . I rather see it restricted to be honest.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I wholeheartedly agree with Kavoir.

Martial artist as a main class is already a good choice, so not much of a nerf, is there.
With the proposed changes, it will not be out of "competetitive meta" and I am willing to believe you didn't take the OP into consideration if you see it as restricted, plenty setups still being viable with the skill even if either of the proposed changes pass.
Try to play out a melee fight againts, let's say, MG/Monk. Arb/Monk. Evoker/Monk. Without a gap closer, especialy if you rely on hit buffs to even hit the person in question. (Both MG/Monk and Arb/Monk have ways to beef up dodge incredibly, or to even decrease your hit, so it's not unrealistic.), if you really need more specific examples on how overwhelming it is.
2M sounds good to me.
2m would be enough to still let verglas' do their combos, and not make it so overwhelming for anyone not running MA, thats all it is lately, crane hop here, crane hop there, I don't mean to complain too much, but 2m is just as good as 1m, but not overwhelming.
2 momentum seems fine. Seems to have the same kind of problem as coil had when Naga's came out.
Okay, we'll try 2M, I guess.
Quote: It also isn't affected by immobilize, which I'm mentioning just for completions sake.

This one isn´t true atleast. Crane hop doesn´t work while Airborne or Immobilized.
[Image: 7cb95909347114508a6591cfbf14ddeb.png]

But I guess, nerfing it to 2m will make it a Verglas only classakill mainly. Worth a try tho.