Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Staff of DIE
Staff of Eyes' Analyze Weakness should be lowered to UL/2.

That's all.
Agreed, completely on this, as much as I love using this item in a setup, and have for ages, the weapon itself's effect is too strong, I hate to agree on this but it has to be done.
About time a thread was made for this.

+1, nerf needed to whatever extent.

Edit: While it's great, I'm more-than-sure it's overkill in its current state. . . [strike]especially when it's used by a fair majority[/strike].

Eye'd also be a fan to see AD/AW not work with skills like Ether Invitation and others that are supposed to have set caps, but that's just me.... sorry, slightly off-topic in a way but it still connects albeit loosely.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Yeah, nerf to UL/2. It's cool to use on the others, not cool when the others use on you. (And I just finished upgrading this staff like, the beginning of this day. Oh boy the koonie-salt.)
Anywaaay.
Nope Diz. I'm only down for it the day EI stops ignoring defense under the usage of a 'certain weapon'.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I'd prefer if a bit more reasoning was provided in topics like these instead of 'yeah it's OP please nerf kthx'. Either way, I've dropped it to UL/2.
It's got +Hit and a supped up AW that proc on hit that are equal to UL and an elemental attack that can easily hurt after all the debuffs. The best example of how rediciulous this can become is an EI that hit me for ~350 (although I want to say it was 370 but can't remember all the things I had on me).

It's simply so good to the point you either use it or lose in a lot of cases. . which causes fairly one dimensional situations. At least that's my take on it, Dev.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
This is one of those things that everyone complains about, but nobody makes a thread about, so I figured everyone else would chime in.

And they did.
The staff of eyes affect (Analyze Weakness or whatever at 24) is better than what a Tactician can actually dole out.

At their highest ranking.

This is just an on-hit affect that applies for simply smacking your foe with a LIGHT based attack, and this also works extremely well with sword and spear duelists because they can have a mainhand ready to devestate your anus because +24% damage (with the possibility of +25% extra from stacking with Absolute Death) is rather insane.

Here's an example of some absurd things that happen.

7 momentum start.
Absolute Death
4 Momentum, crit-SoE smack
3 Momentum, Mainhand attack for 49-55% extra damage (depends on how it stacks). If this is a crit, expect your 100 damage to become 150.. then become something like 232.
If you crit; 2 Momentum. SKIP (to avoid Knockdown) or SHARPEN (for extra damage and hit NEXT turn!)
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13421#p13421 Wrote:Neus » Mon Apr 25, 2016 12:11 pm[/url]"]I'd prefer if a bit more reasoning was provided in topics like these instead of 'yeah it's OP please nerf kthx'. Either way, I've dropped it to UL/2.

Here's your summary:

Remember how percentange accuracy/evasion ended up being busted, leading to scenarios where characters literally could not be hit at all by people with good skill without Blessed weapons? Damage bonuses and reductions, specifically percentage-based ones, are usually, but not always, applied before defenses. (I'm blanking out off the top of my head, but I remember before Excel weapons followed the formula. They follow it like other things now. I also know crits are applied after defenses.) What this means is that defense/resistance is basically ineffective against damage bonuses, and if combined with Damage Reduction, Def/Res are absurd.

To give you an example, let's look at Charge Mind and Adversity Tunic. Assuming zero elemental resistance or DR, if you have 50 total res/mdef, a 100 damage spell will do 50 damage. CM takes that 100 base damage, ramps it up to 250, then apply that -50, for a total of 200, or 4x the damage as opposed to the advertized 2.5x. On the flip side, we have the Adversity Tunic, which gives a maximum of 40% DR if surrounded by numerous enemies within 2 range. Using that same 100 base damage/ 50 mdef as an example, 40% DR would reduce it to 60 and then the 50 would reduce it to 10.

Granted, these two above examples are extreme scenarios, one of which requires a specific armor and to be hilariously vastly outnumbered so it's effectively a PVE equalizer to make melee classes not unplayably outclassed by mages in crazies, and the other requires a 6M setup for a single use. But the staff of eyes is something you can just Smack and Apply, lasting awhile. Even if the bonus is individually lower, you're adding the effect for free on top of damage, and it affects all your follow ups (As opposed to Analyze Weakness or Absolute Death requiring 3M just to apply without doing any damage or other effects)

There's your reason, Dev, and it's a big part of the reason why people are up in arms over Aerial Razor's absurd damage output: it gets a 1.5x damage bonus to the final tile and can Redgull Crit. And, of course, you can offhand staff of eyes to make it sillier.
*loud burp*
[Image: c788cd6584.png]
I know its a bit late to post this, but I should of post this sooner to explain the reasoning why, Absolute death + analyze weakness is pretty big, any % damage effects in general will yield damage that generally one shots people. (Excel Saber + AD + AW in picture.)