Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Que] Spirit pain
Absentminded Grimalkin recovered 1 HP.
Absentminded Grimalkin recovered 2 FP.
Bashir recovered 3 HP.
Bashir recovered 4 HP.
Bashir recovered 2 FP.
Absentminded Grimalkin's turn. -- Spirit pain cast.
Bashir recovered 3 FP.
Absentminded Grimalkin's turn.
Absentminded Grimalkin skips their turn.
Bashir's turn.
The lightning deals a critical blow!
Absentminded Grimalkin takes 143 Slash damage. ------ Toiken
Bashir's turn.
Critical Hit! Bashir attacks Absentminded Grimalkin with Keening and hits them!
Absentminded Grimalkin takes 144 Slash damage. --- Sidecut

My question is, how does spirit pain exactly work? Frank mentioned it is a 50% chance of it working on a basic hit, however it never worked like this before and neither was it mentioned in the recent nerf notes. It always worked on first basic attack in the round. Is that how it works currently, or was it because the attack happened in the same round spirit pain was cast? Or am I missing something here?

Reason I am putting this in balance-fu is that with the recent nerf, having a 50% chance of it working makes it an incredibly useless skill. You're better off for wasting the FP and momentum on pretty much anything else, given the damage difference is a static 100. So incase it works like that, I'd propose to have that specific change reverted.

Edit : And it'd appear that multishots only negate the first shot, other shots easily go through, which also wasn't how it worked before.
Cobra also evades the 50 damage it deals to you.

That requires fixing as well, I'd say.
I believe the effect doesn't take place immediately, as Spirt Pain works at the top of the round, giving every enemy the status, so, it'd proc the round -after- you've cast it, from what I know.

To my knowledge the whole 50% chance thing is incorrect, after Spirt Pain doles out its status(es), it -will- proc if the victim has the real status (or is the only target).
I'm tired so I'm going to try to make this brief as possible, it's a chance thing, like RNG, as you know it does proc on basic attacks and certain types of skills that uses the basic attack formula like Light Tomahawk for example, anyways it's a chance of happening and most of the time people do get lucky other times people don't, at least from what I noticed during my previous uses of it because you can have times where the person under the spirit pain just keeps hitting themselves while you laugh and take in that HP regen.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Trashed.
[strike]Also, multi-shots always went through the Spirit Pain's first proc. The debuff is consumed at only one basic attack and anything after is score.
Would be really nice if they didn't though, I'd kindly agree and suggest it to make it completely miss the attack if the opponent has 6-7 momentum, and 50% chance if they don't. That might be able to fix the issue and make it somewhat viable for an invocation.[/strike]
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13380#p13380 Wrote:iStabOreos » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:23 pm[/url]"]I'm tired so I'm going to try to make this brief as possible, it's a chance thing, like RNG, as you know it does proc on basic attacks and certain types of skills that uses the basic attack formula like Light Tomahawk for example, anyways it's a chance of happening and most of the time people do get lucky other times people don't, at least from what I noticed during my previous uses of it because you can have times where the person under the spirit pain just keeps hitting themselves while you laugh and take in that HP regen.

As I just pointed out, no, it isn't. The only 'RNG' aspect of it is if it has multiple targets, then it will give some of the victims a fake 'Spirt Pain' status, which may be giving people the illusion it's RNG based.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=6563#p6563 Wrote:Neus » Wed Apr 15, 2015 8:13 am[/url]"]That's because it only inflicts one target. Every non-inflicted enemy gets a fake Spirit Pain status so people don't metagame being possessed in PvP.

Additionally, no, Spirit Pain doesn't work on skills that use the basic attack -formula-, they work on skills that -use basic attacks-, such as Cutthroat, Pulling Shot, Ritual Sword, etc.

"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13381#p13381 Wrote:Snake » Sat Apr 23, 2016 12:26 pm[/url]"]
Would be really nice if they didn't though, I'd kindly agree and suggest it to make it completely miss the attack if the opponent has 6-7 momentum, and 50% chance if they don't. That might be able to fix the issue and make it somewhat viable for an invocation.

What, no--that sounds terrible. Multi-shots have enough hard counters as is, let's not make it a coin toss if they kill themselves even harder. But seriously, Spirit Pain is fine as it is, not totally overpowering as it was before, but it's still useful. If it happens to proc your enemy just wasted 3m to give you 50 HP and take damage.

The only buff I can support is making its effect start the round it's cast.
I would also like to bring up the cobra dodging the 50 damage it deals to you again.
I don't believe it should be doing that. Infact, you probably will not want it to do that, since it's not too high damage compared to the rest of things hexers usualy can do to you.
Welp, '_' My bad Trex! Disconsider what I said. (because I forgot the 50 unresistable dark damage AND healing).
Though, I was thinking about making it nullify the first hit if it's the first hit of the round. (That's why 6-7 M condition) And if you overcharge a gun, thus eating 3 Momentum, it will make a 50% chance to cancel the bullets.

Anyway, Cobra's pretty much supposed to be absurd and 'lawbreaking' as long as it can get hit but not damaged. That's just how the stance works. (I have some issues RPing Cobra sometimes, it's just too much of a 'meh' when it dodges WO but not poison.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
In case Trex's explanation wasn't blatantly clear (aka for people who haven't cast Spirit pain enough to see it in action, AND who haven't unlocked Hexer to read the description for themselves) here's a point by point breakdown to prevent any confusion. It does look like there's a lot of misinformation circulating about percentages chances and other such nonsense. So I'd like to basically reinforce Trex's points on this.

- Spirit Pain begins taking effect the round AFTER it is cast. This is because the effect chooses a target at the start of each round.
- it is a 100% GUARANTEED chance to affect ONE target and ONLY ONE target, randomly selected.
- Enemies not affected get a "fake" Spirit Pain status to keep the target secret.
- It ONLY affects skills doing basic attacks/ actual basics, so basically anything that'd consume excel charges, etc.

Sample Scenario: In a 1v1 PVP match, Team A's Spirit Pain will affect the only player on Team B every turn. If another player joins Team B, there will be a 50/50 chance of it affecting Player 1 or Player 2. It will only affect one or the other, but it's GUARANTEED to affect ONE of them. However, if player B only uses skills not counting as normals, it will never trigger, despite them being under it's effects. Both will be shown as being under Spirit Pain to keep it a guessing game for both parties. Both so Team A can't go "Oh, that's the one losing an attack, time to go sit in attack range" and so team B can't go "Oh, it's certainly affecting me specifically this turn, time to work around it." The ONLY RNG involved is WHO it affects.

Hope this clarifies it.
*loud burp*