Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Diddly Stubs
Void Assassins are currently balanced in the sense that they destroy anything that they can hit, but they can't hit much.

I think this could be changed a bit, so here's an idea I got.

Lower Deadly Arms to +25% Crit Damage, but give it a +25 bonus to Hit (with daggers, of course).

(This is not a Spin Around thread. Don't make it one.)
Lowering a significant offensive booster for VA's Backstab gimmick just to give them a little bit of hit sounds like a nerf, not a balance.

I would rather look into making back-attacks get a solid hit boost by default, or an entirely different skill that will give VAs a hit boost under its own circumstances.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The name of the game is stabbing someone in the ass for every other class, VA's will delete anything they can hit, is the OP's point of the post I think.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13527#p13527 Wrote:Spoops » Fri Apr 29, 2016 11:24 am[/url]"]The name of the game is stabbing someone in the ass for every other class, VA's will delete anything they can hit, is the OP's point of the post I think.
I doubt that part. Daggers still have to deal with DEF/RES on top of everything else, and their big advantage only comes in on critical attacks. (which not only has Critical Evade that can stop it, but one race that can negate them entirely, and a race and a few items that laugh off critical damage boosting) Even Vorpal, while able to push DEF/RES aside, is still a small chance that only rolls on a critical. Anything that's built to be a tank can laugh the damage off (besides Vorpal Strikes, to a point), and the ones that it'll throw high damage on will likely have the evade to either stop the VA entirely or make them sacrifice a few virgins to the RNG just to get a single hit in.

So yeah, I don't see much reason to get Deadly Arms chopped down to +25% Critical Damage for some hit just yet.
VAs can easily dish out 600+ damage in one turn if they can hit anyone that isn't a tank.

This is currently 'balanced' in the sense that they usually can't hit non-tanks.

If the DR cap goes through, lowering their damage is going to be even more necessary.

This won't even lower their damage against tanks by much, though - crit damage applies after defense, so you won't go 'plink plink' against them much more than you already do.
At first, I was a little hesitant to lower Deadly Arms' crit damage in exchange for some more hit. Naturally, my thoughts wandered to places like "Why not just use blessed?" But it's also true that many dagger users will carry Vorpal purely to deal with tanks anyways, considerng. In light of this, I think it's a reasonable idea.

I mean, I completely see where Chaos is coming from, and how lowering the crit damage seems like a nerf. But you can't just go giving VA hit bonuses like this without any kind of drawback, and I think this is fair. (I'd still be on board for back attack accuracy bonuses in general, though; I was amazed when i realized SL2 didn't already have them. Most SRPGs with directional facing do.)
*loud burp*
Void Assassins are in such a painfully bad spot in the PvP-meta right now that I'm willing to try almost any change. I'd rather Void Assassins didn't lose their ability to carve squishy people into pieces, but with all of the talks about spin around and hit buffs it's understandable that the damage causes worry.

However, to address a few points:

"Soapy" Wrote:VAs can easily dish out 600+ damage in one turn if they can hit anyone that isn't a tank.

This is a gross exaggeration, and a scenario that involves cleaving a DR-less player with a buff like absolute death or rampaging enchants.

"Ranylyn" Wrote:Naturally, my thoughts wandered to places like "Why not just use blessed?" But it's also true that many dagger users will carry Vorpal purely to deal with tanks anyways, considerng. In light of this, I think it's a reasonable idea.

Blessed is not enough right now. It would be difficult to get a higher hit chance than I've already tried with, and people still far, far out-dodge what I can hit. Secondly, nobody uses vorpal daggers to fight tanks. Not even the Vorpal Fang 10 star. Rampaging is almost always better due to its consistency and compatibility with Hayabusa, and tanks usually have such high crit evade that you won't ever be ABLE to trigger Vorpal. It's, generally speaking, a terrible enchant for Void Assassins.
Another good point. I often forget Rampaging is a thing since I've never found a catalyst for it, myself.
*loud burp*
Deadly Arms isn't the only thing that would need a drastic overhaul in the damage it applies assuming some variation of the DR Cap even passes (before you say anything, yes I realize that's a separate thread but this one is directly related to it so obviously it's hard not to mention it). That being said, giving VA an Insane Hit Up Innate is a ridiculous concept to suggest with no info or data to back the suggestion.

Now that's out of the way, sorry for the late reply but I've been away from the forums on purpose. Anyway, let's see if the DR Cap goes through (which is doubtful with its current iteration) and hope/pray Dev nerfs some of the more obvious abusable damage uppers when he would introduce -then- worry about giving VA more Hit.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13595#p13595 Wrote:Exxy » Fri May 06, 2016 8:54 am[/url]"]Deadly Arms isn't the only thing that would need a drastic overhaul in the damage it applies assuming some variation of the DR Cap even passes (before you say anything, yes I realize that's a separate thread but this one is directly related to it so obviously it's hard not to mention it). That being said, giving VA an Insane Hit Up Innate is a ridiculous concept to suggest with no info or data to back the suggestion.

Now that's out of the way, sorry for the late reply but I've been away from the forums on purpose. Anyway, let's see if the DR Cap goes through (which is doubtful with its current iteration) and hope/pray Dev nerfs some of the more obvious abusable damage uppers when he would introduce -then- worry about giving VA more Hit.
Even if a DR cap comes in, I don't see why that should instantly require a Deadly Arms nerf; if you sacrificed your defenses, then you shouldn't get an easy pass when a high-damage build starts pushing the painful numbers in. Nor do I see why we should force backstabbing VAs to lose a very solid advantage (which is currently being shafted by either high DEF builds and/or anyone with at least decent evade) before addressing what's making them something of a joke. I should not have to tell you what kind of spiteful nerf that idea comes off as.

As for the whole '600+ damage' issue, we can appropriately address absurdity like that if we were given actual details instead of just some large number. Seriously, no one benefits from a high degree of cherry-picking here.