Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Know No Balance
Matador has been overbearing since the release of Demon Hunter. Know No Pain in particular single handedly invalidates a myriad of weapons, skills, and classes with the sheer amount of mitigation power it has. Since more heavy handed nerfs have so far not made it past discussion on the forums, I'm recommending a lighter touch to tone it down.

Make Know No Pain apply first in the chain of damage reductions.
This means Know No Pain's flat damage reduction happens before DR and % Resistance. This will cull the multiplicative scaling it has with other tank stats, which is the main reason it shuts down everyone's hopes and dreams of doing 1 damage before getting the horns.
Yes please. KNP can drop unresistable damage down from >60 to 0 with a little bit of %Resist and some DR.
20 damage may not seem like much on paper, but when you do the math, Know no Pain reduces so much more damage than the equivilant of 20 defense, please.
I'm totally on board for this change. KNP is mainly such a wall purely because of how DR comes first in the formula, so KNP comes in later on when the damage is already reduced to hell. But this also allows builds based around actually taking that heavier damage to use Retaliate more efficiently to work without being suicide.

A++ would support again.
*loud burp*
Yep, easiest way to go about it honestly. If it applies first it'll be much less likely to reduce damage to near nothing. A flat number reduction -after- percentage based reduction is nuts, and that's how Resist > defenses work. How it works now is--

Resist > DEF/RES > DR > KNP.

So you can see how overpowering KNP is when it effectively grants you -another- layer of defense. As has been stated. So, yeah, please make it go first or even just with DEF/RES.
+1
About time to teach this some nerf/fixes. So yeah, pretty much agree with everything listed above, specially the reduction's order, which is what mainly kills everything.
I'm pretty tired of having 20/500 HP and going Mad Dunk for 0 damage times 20. Or Rapid Kick with 90 CEL dealing 0 regardless.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
It already does.
So it seems, that is really odd, I swear it did not do this before, however, issue solved.