Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evading Scent
It can't be confirmed fully, but I am under a strong suspicion that bloodborne is adding 'hit' when accounting for the skill "Evasion", tested by beating someone up with a bloodborne weapon on a low ski character and a high dodge character, Evasion started proccing less at low HP, which to my knowledge, this shouldn't happen.
If I'm not wrong, the Evasion skill still rolls Hit vs Evade, just for autohits.
It is slightly wrong, Evasion rolls hit vs evade but it uses a flat number as the accuracy for your weapon, instead of your weapon's actual accuracy, this is why blessed weapons do not add hit for Evasion.

Bloodhunt adds hit for the specific weapon using the enchant, and not any other weapon you'd have equipped, so it should work the same way.
Just posting to add, I believe Dev mentioned the accuracy value on Autohits for the sake of evasion is 80.

So even assuming you had 50 Faith and a Blessed Spear with 115 Accuracy, you'd use 80 instead of 165 on Turnover or Thousand Stab.
*loud burp*
I think this should be fully confirmed first and foremost. For instance, attempt multiple runs with the same variables and see if all the results reach roughly the same conclusion. From what is present so far, this can just as easily be a stroke of luck.

....That, and there could be the off-chance that all the +Hit enchantments are actually factoring into Evasion calcs, intentionally or otherwise.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The invocation thread from before that I posted could of also been a stroke of luck, however there was actually something wrong with that one, it doesn't hurt to check, however since you asked, I will be posting even more tests, this is tested with a bloodhunt spear, purely using thousand stab equipped with a lightning badge, to get in as many hits as possible, the thousand stab was not charging strike'd, so it could not bypass evade either.

[Image: e38563f045.png]
[Image: df21461ae5.png]

As you can see, I barely ever didn't proc Evasion near the beginning of the fight, however nearing the end, the target only proc'd evasion half the time, due to the nature of how many hits I got in, I do not believe this to be coincidence.

And if I recall, Blessed does not add hit in the evasion factor.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13567#p13567 Wrote:Spoops » Mon May 02, 2016 9:14 pm[/url]"]It is slightly wrong, Evasion rolls hit vs evade but it uses a flat number as the accuracy for your weapon, instead of your weapon's actual accuracy, this is why blessed weapons do not add hit for Evasion.

Bloodhunt adds hit for the specific weapon using the enchant, and not any other weapon you'd have equipped, so it should work the same way.

Incorrect. Evasion works by doing a normal hit check against the target, excluding after-hit-calc modifiers like Yomidori. It takes weapon accuracy into account, including enchantments such as blessed or borneblood, in the situations where the skill passes the used weapon.

There is a chance, however, that it isn't doing so properly for spells, meaning things like Tome/spellblade may not be adding their hit to evasion calcs.
Last I heard it was a flat 80% accuracy check by default, I would search for the post you made but I believe that to be unrelated now, it almost seems like Evasion procs way too much(in my expierence its been about 10-20% to bypass evasion on high ski characters with over 100% accuracy normally) for that kind of stuff to be true, is there something wrong with Evasion's detection as a whole perhaps? Or perhaps not enough hit modifiers are being added into the check.

If not then ignore the thread.
If this is meant to work with spells as well, I want to throw in that staff type weapons should do the same for spells, either by default or as a bonus effect for Use Staff.