Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Spell Stealer
X says "(i'm VA/Monk,but i have Hexer/Evoker/Summoner/Youkai/Priest spells...and Ghostwind)"

Skills
???????1
???????2
???????3
???????4
???????5
???????6
???????7
???????8
???????9
???????10
???????11
???????12
???????13
???????14
???????15
???????16
???????17
???????18
???????19
???????20
???????21
???????22
???????23
???????24
???????25
???????26
???????27
???????28
???????29
???????30
???????31
???????32
???????33
???????34
???????35
???????36
???????37
???????38
???????39
???????40
???????41
???????42
???????43
???????44
???????45
???????46
???????47

Being able to have 47 skills equipped, alongside every single spell readily available to the general populace (and spells that won't even scale terribly) is kind of bullshit. Especially when you can omniclass (currently) into these classes, level them up, level up those skills, then promptly never actually lose the skill and cast it as R5 or whatever rank the person you stole from had it at, forever.

I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a balance fu, but it sure as hell ain't balanced. (Also can we get some admin jurisdiction on whether or not people doing this crap is legal? Because p. sure it shouldn't be.)
Probably the right place.

Beyond the cap on Copy Spells coming within the future, it should be braindead that Copy Spells should be automatically lost if Spellthief is unequipped.

As for legality, Dev's answer on the Lore Thread will determine that, I suppose. However, until then, here's my take:

I imagine that 'Spellthief' would be a rightly feared and likely illegal occupation-- Even if the art of spell-snatching does not permanently damage a mage's arsenal, a Spellthief is still gaining incredible and versatile power from another's hands. Even if the law were to turn a blind eye on them, those who fear their capabilities are likely to get their hands (and wallets) dirty in the name of dealing with these arcane snatchers.

....Of course, since a Spellthief usually involves themselves with illusions, it's quite possible to snatch spells without anyone being the wiser. On the other hand, those who delve into earthen magic are never easy pickings, and one can never be too sure about how effective the smoke and mirrors are, so to speak.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13646#p13646 Wrote:Chaos » Sun May 08, 2016 11:17 pm[/url]"]Probably the right place.

Beyond the cap on Copy Spells coming within the future, it should be braindead that Copy Spells should be automatically lost if Spellthief is unequipped.

Agreed on the unequipping part, in regards to the Spell Cap and what I'd like to see:

-2 as an initial with an Innate that gives +1 Copied Spells per Rank that is capped at 3 or 5.
-Also to throw the reset into having to Fruit of Forgetfulness if not already implemented like that.
-Any spells, if there are any, that belong >specifically< to items not being available for copying and remain unique to that item if not already implemented.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13646#p13646 Wrote:Chaos » Sun May 08, 2016 9:17 pm[/url]"]Probably the right place.

As for legality, Dev's answer on the Lore Thread will determine that, I suppose. However, until then, here's my take:

I imagine that 'Spellthief' would be a rightly feared and likely illegal occupation-- Even if the art of spell-snatching does not permanently damage a mage's arsenal, a Spellthief is still gaining incredible and versatile power from another's hands. Even if the law were to turn a blind eye on them, those who fear their capabilities are likely to get their hands (and wallets) dirty in the name of dealing with these arcane snatchers.

....Of course, since a Spellthief usually involves themselves with illusions, it's quite possible to snatch spells without anyone being the wiser. On the other hand, those who delve into earthen magic are never easy pickings, and one can never be too sure about how effective the smoke and mirrors are, so to speak.

Chaos you literally missed the first line of the thread.

"I'm not a spell thief in either my main or sub class... but I kept all the spells".

Please re-read. Then think upon your post.
If that's the case, it's more of a Bug Report.

And of course, people utilizing this 'feature' are considered to be bug abusing.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Upper limit and the class being required are coming in 1.57b, so this topic is rather pointless for now.