Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lore Questions: May (2016)
This is a new topic for Lore Questions because the old one was about 26 pages. The format is roughly the same, but some guidelines;

1) Try and format your questions appropriately. As in, make it easy to read and answer.
2) Try and limit the number of questions you ask per thread. I don't mind answering them, but don't get crazy and ask me 20 things, especially if they require detailed answers.
3) Try to avoid asking extremely specific questions, such as 'Did anyone ever die of food poisoning in Cellsvich?'. Answering these is difficult, because not everything is set in stone, so giving a definitive answer on it not only restricts me in the future, but it might influence other players' character concepts that involve it.

That said, if you have any questions, you can post them in this thread! I will post answers at the end of the month/start of the next one.

Thanks! (And yes, if you had questions from the previous topic that I didn't answer before I closed it, you can post them here, but remember the formatting guideline.)
Annother question, Focus is a thing, we all know, but can it be found in body fluids besides blood?

Is it possible to seperate focus from blood as a pure liquid form?

And if all this is true... When a vampire drinks from you, wouldn't that also be a way to restore their own focus then?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Do we know the existence of bacteria/microscopic life?

And how would Mercana affect them?
Munch
Dragon Snek questions:
1- What exactly happens when poison is running on a Wyvern-Touched's blood? Physical or Spiritual 'buffs'?
(As in, the strength they get is 'virtual' [as in, a weak Goku powering up, and then punching a boulder without effort while 'charged'.] or their muscles are forced to overclock [as in, they expand like Super Vegeta/Super Trunks for a limited time]?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
So we know Huggessoa (and apparently Zera?) can somehow banish a God back to the Void.

We also know Huggessoa can apparently see into the Akashic Record.

My question is, since we supposedly know so very little about ol' Huggy, how much of this (if any) is actually attainable IC knowledge?

The Akashic Record supposedly records the future (along with everything else, of course). Oracles can glimpse into the future. Am I wrong to assume these two things are somehow related, or at least an existing theory?

Liches are said to be close to the Akashic Record, but "far from being able to so cleanly read the lines of Fate". What does this grant them, exactly, if anything? Can kind-of-sort-of-not-really see events, or what?

Do Liches have any sort of patron deity, or at least some sort of maybe-divine-maybe-not inspiration? If not, does that mean the wee mortals created the ritual all by themselves?

I get the feeling this was asked before, but I don't see it anywhere. How long has Lichdom been a thing?

Does Record Erasure actually mean anything ICly? Given that the enemies that use it (almost) all have a God's power, as far as I know...

Quote:You know, no one's sure. I think everyone assumes they're just a bunch of twins and is too afraid to ask. I know I would rather not offend the person who owns my house and all my banked belongings with a pointless question.
Someone at some point has to ask. What response/reaction would they get, if any?

On that note, what is/are the Winged Guardian(s), and are they all the same entity or no?
How are the Snakemen even still around? The Empire knows where they are, and they can only reproduce with slaves. What's keeping the Empire or just some other third party from wiping them out?

If a Llarian scar can't be removed (indefinitely) without damage, then (as asked before) how long can it last being seperated from a body?

How long does it last after being taken from the living trees in Mechana Forest?

Do the people that take them out have any methods of prolonging how long they can last while they do this (and if so, is this at all knowledge that is obtainable)? Or, better yet -are- there any methods to prolong the time a Scar can be without a body?
Wyvern Questions:

What are the limitations of a Wyvern's ability to shapeshift into a human, do they have one human form they can shift into or can they shift into any appearance they want?

And since you mentioned it before about us not knowing I have to ask, how long can they stay in a humanoid state, is there any limit on that as well?
Looooore questions about the elements, and the mechanics surrounding them being incorporated into characters..and being how the new stat system will encourage elemental builds, It might help to know the reasoning as to why some of these elements actually oppose one another, as I love the explaination of Earth vs Wind, it helps create interesting scenarios between illusionists and geomancers.

As such, what are each elements associated with the most? We know illusions are tied to wind, and earth to 'truth' or rather, 'telling no lies.'

Why are Redgull enchantments vulnerable to fire? Is this because Lightning magic is most associated with nature? If that's true, aren't Lightning and Fire even closer than anything else? I'd like to know the reasoning behind this.

Why are Nerhaven enchantments opposed by ice? Shouldn't this be the other way around? Surely Fire must hurt ice more than Ice would hurt fire..

And for that matter, why are Kraken enchantments opposed by Wind? Wind doesn't seem like the element to destroy Ice.

And why are Galren enchants vulnerable to water? We already know that water is the element most associated with anything pure, how does this stop earth?

Edit: This one is unrelated by I wanted to ask this, since sanctity ends up decreasing how effective corruption is, does this mean that corrupted can be even closer to humans like this if they have high sanctity? Can Corruption ever be cured with that method?

Bonus: If none of these make sense, should I create a thread elsewhere about this another time?
I know it's June but there isn't a new thread yet so...

A topic that came up in OOC recently:

Is there any type of In-Character warning system for Black Beast attacks? IE... Will LaplaceNET send a notification? Do NPCs tell you about it? Etc.
Someone takes 600 Lightning damage.
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL...8D4F847A0C
(Skype: Underwater.Dreaming)
Do we have sports? Any kind? That aren't gladiatorial?
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water