Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Reckoning
PS:

After doing some testing and looking at stats, 4 points per level is definitely the way to go. It allows for more diversity in builds and will hopefully make things more fun to do.

So I think a majority of people are asking for 4 per.
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13966#p13966 Wrote:iDarkCara » Fri May 27, 2016 8:09 pm[/url]"]
"[url=http://neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13954#p13954 Wrote:aquadragon97 » Fri May 27, 2016 12:54 am[/url]"]
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13949#p13949 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Thu May 26, 2016 7:27 am[/url]"]I imagine people are going to build their characters in a dark souls kind of way where you min max your stats to get the most out of the item scaling of the weapons and armor you will use, and the skills you can use them with.
That happens already though.

I'm going to take it you've never played DS, aqua. This system lets you twink with every little % and dmg point. Softcaps, diminishing returns, etc.

Kind of like how 50 defense currently is p. decent, but 12 is nearly marginally worthless. This way lets you tweak it entirely where maybe that 12 defense is so worthless, you can throw it in your skill instead. (etc).

Example darksouls legend

Str 40+racial
Ski 40+racial
Cel 1+racial
Will 1+racial
Vit 40+racial
Res 1+racial
Def 40+racial
Faith 1+racial
Luck 1+racial
Guile`1+racial
Aptitude 1+racial
Sanctity 1+racial
test with 4 and 5

UNLESS

4 with subclass and main class giving more stats than they currently do

Example
Evoker gives +3 will +2 skill +2 cel and +1 luck currently when used as a main class

with converting growths to additional bonus stats it would +8 will +5 skill +5 cel +3 luck

10% growth = +1 to stat

and when subclassed you would gain 50% of subclass stat ( this could be the new style bending)

So it would be +4 will +2 skill +2cell +1 luck
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13949#p13949 Wrote:Lolzytripd » Thu May 26, 2016 7:27 am[/url]"]I imagine people are going to build their characters in a dark souls kind of way where you min max your stats to get the most out of the item scaling of the weapons and armor you will use, and the skills you can use them with.
That happens already though.

I'm going to take it you've never played DS, aqua. This system lets you twink with every little % and dmg point. Softcaps, diminishing returns, etc.

Kind of like how 50 defense currently is p. decent, but 12 is nearly marginally worthless. This way lets you tweak it entirely where maybe that 12 defense is so worthless, you can throw it in your skill instead. (etc).

Example darksouls legend

Str 40+racial
Ski 40+racial
Cel 1+racial
Will 1+racial
Vit 40+racial
Res 1+racial
Def 40+racial
Faith 1+racial
Luck 1+racial
Guile`1+racial
Aptitude 1+racial
Sanctity 1+racial

Let me just tell you why that build's bad and you should feel bad

You have zero FP because your stats don't miraculously start at 1. They're your racial bases, not racial bases +1. So you have a low FP pool that you will never recover from, which means 0 skills to be used, and relying entirely on the ATTACK command since you can't do anything else. 560 HP, which is good, but you've nothing to back it up whatsoever. You've got a bit of health, but in the end. You're just dead.

So yeah, trust me. Min maxing only gets you dead
It all looks good to me.

I can't wait to test this!~
Yeah this build would have low focus , but that vould be rectified with a focus regen item or the trait that gives a bunch of free focus or the capacity talent, sure they'd only have the focus for one fight but that's all this build cares about , it was made as a example ripped straight off dark souls of the typical melee pop build

Question: with scaling elemental stats

A) do spells and tomes scale on will still?

B) will weapons like sword fish sword and other weapons with bonus damage capped at 10 be uncapped/ raised?

C) will weapon ore bonus damage be uncapped ?
I feel like saying sorry to Dev because this shit is probably taxing at most.
[Image: jBTJOXi.png]
Time to be a naga with 80 Guile and spit acid in everyone's eyes.

You really made my dreams come true, Devy.
[Image: rsz_c1ccb08eb04837ddc6b315f834f7f11a.png]
My main concern is that adding further weights to arms, legs, etc. and accessories will further delay mages. A mage holding a tome has a BW of at least 12, at base. Adding further weights to a start mage, when strength determines BW, is a good way to keep them from moving much at all, but that hurts a mage's ability to move. Along the vein of 'mages' and with the new stat system having so many damage types added from stats, I'd like to point out that having a Tome that deals darkness damage naturally is a nice idea, just for flavour purposes and variation encouragement in RP situations regarding mages.