Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Great Reckoning
Quote:the true sigrogana legends starts here
rating 0

Seriously though, this revamp looks quite interesting, and if the weapons/skills fall into place well enough, the game will benefit big from this new system.

Though as far as points-per-level goes, considering we're looking at 12 stats and boosts that, while they have a soft cap, are still somewhat plausible beyond the drop-off point, I'd say 4 points per level would be a solid starting point.

However, I do have a select few concerns/questions regarding this system... But at this stage, only two really matter:
1. What changes will we see to Elemental Resistance properties and Damage Reduction skills/properties, if any?
2. Are stat mods going to be treated to the same dropoff that the base stat will encounter?
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
the other reason I personally want 4-5 per level is that it allows more customization, more diversity, and it wouldn't leave people dissatisfied with having characters that are on paper inferior to those they had in the previous system.

and if we all have lower stats, ALOT of enemies will need nerfed.

I''d honestly prefer a max cap 99 per stat system with ALOT of room for customization drawing inspiration from dark souls
For PVE's sake, I think the dropoff should be changed to 45 instead of 40.
A more balanced character should have the opportunity to not get completely outclassed by a level 60 barghest.
[Image: CSQIBb0.png]
11 years of roleplay and would you believe I still have no idea what I'm doing
10/10 I shall now sit and twiddle my thumbs while I eagerly await this most welcome and exciting of updates!
....I'm going to be honest, this entire thing has me utterly worried that my weird little anti-tank tank build with axes is just going to get shat on so hard, since most of it relies on some rather stupid stats (26 will as a BK/G who leveled as Soldier/Duelist and then BK/G)... And depending on how the weapons are handled, the sweeper I've been using for years might become even less viable (Since odds are it's going to have horrible scaling and take the range reduction for just basic attacking using it's 3-tile line.)....
I want this to go well so bad, but I'm expecting to get what little bits of PvP viability I had taken away when this update hits.
They of few characters, and fewer posts.
....After taking another minute to think, what I've seen here makes me think this update is going to kill heavy tank builds, with diminishing returns past 40 and all.
They of few characters, and fewer posts.
so instead of Growth traits

+10 to main stat limit and plus 5 to a second?
"[url=http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.php?p=13917#p13917 Wrote:Ninjahzzzz » Sun May 22, 2016 12:09 pm[/url]"]....After taking another minute to think, what I've seen here makes me think this update is going to kill heavy tank builds, with diminishing returns past 40 and all.
I.... don't think this is really going to kill tank builds. A very dedicated tank will definitely be able to shut down damage like no one's business, except where their stats are bypassed.

Of course, if you want to max out your tank potential, the rest of your stats will suffer accordingly. Considering the potential to slow down a fight as a super tank, I think that should be a fair trade-off.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
This will finally allow for my End-game dream to truely come to fruition... the way I actually wanted to play a couple classes, thank you... You've earned the rights to our souls o' glorious Devourer.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
Really fantastic stuff here. I have one question: what are your plans for stat reallocation? Will it be limited to spending a legend ink? Impossible without legend extending? I'm hoping to the high heavens it isn't as easy as buying a fruit and suddenly becoming a new person.