Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Critical vs Critical Evade
"Spoops" Wrote:I'm trying not being contrary? I'll try to explain as best as I can, as the system we have in the live server, compared to the beta server, is the more fair version of critical builds.

Critical is high because of the buffs to critical stats and the nerfs to critical evade, this only needs to be reverted, or come to an in-between, and everything would be fine, no one would complain.

-SKI Used to be 0.5 crit per 1 SKI.
-Now SKI is 1 crit per 1 SKI

-LUC used to be 0.5 crit per 1 LUC
-now LUC is 1 crit per 1 LUC

-DEF used to be 0.5 crit evade per 1 DEF
-now it doesn't add any crit evade.

My only solution for an in-between of the two, similar to how you handled Aptitude, is that you could make SKI 1:1 for crit, but LUC as 1:2 for crit (Or vice versa)

While giving DEF it's crit evade back, a tank generally doesn't build LUC, nor do they really build much faith either.

This way that critical hits are not (almost always) 100%+

SKI was always 1 Critical per point.
Luck was 0.5 Critical per point, this did get increased.
Defense used to give Critical Evade, but Faith gives twice as much Critical Evade as before, so it balances out there.

As far as adjustments to stats, I could see SKI getting its Critical cut to 0.5 per point, since it's already a good stat and has other benefits now. This does leave Critical inferior statistically to Critical Evade (2 Critical Evade from FAI+LUC, 1.5 Critical from SKI+LUC), but it balances out when you take skills and the weapon's innate Critical into account. That said, I will probably go through the skills that increase Critical and lower them a bit with a few exceptions.
As an FYI: Critical hit on the main server has been 0.5 SKI and 0.5 LUC for the longest time.

This is a statistical thing that we have tested a number of times. It got changed at one point to be 0.5 SKI (for whatever reason) and life was good for everyone involved.
Critical hit is +0.5 SKI yes, has been for a while I think? I can show like this
In this test I showed my critical hit rate at 100% health, then I painproofed 2 times for 30% of my HP so that rising game kicked in(Left at rank 1, so that LUC did not get increased either) and only got +1.5 Crit (Rounded up I assume) but +6 hit too, so you know that it is +3 SKI.

[Image: 53ddac70c1.png]
[Image: c6dc860a54.png]

Edit because I don't wanna double post:

Your change seems to have worked, even if it's something I do not agree with (Making skills less useful than stats), however it'll work for now, whether the change to SKI is needed or not is debatable, but my Ghost/Kensei does not have 100% crit rate on a negation boneheart tank anymore, at the least.
You are correct, although that was either a very old change or a bug, and no one bothered to update the Wikia for it.