Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardcaptimes
With the way that stats currently scale, anyone who decides to naturally hardcap a stat will see almost no returns on any stat boosts in that area: for Instance, a Shaitan with 80 base STR and +8 STR boost will be no better off than they were at 80 STR total. This creates a need to cherrypick base stats alongside the many stat boosts found in the game, since anything past a certain point will become quite wasteful.

I would like to suggest that stat scaling is increased from 80 and onward, say around 30~40%, so that people actually have reason to hardcap a stat without having to fear wasting relevant boosts.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
That sort of defeats the purpose of diminishing returns on stats, doesn't it?
"Neus" Wrote:That sort of defeats the purpose of diminishing returns on stats, doesn't it?

This. We shouldn't reward people for dumping most of their points into one stat. The diminishing returns should cap at a reasonable amount, but they shouldn't ever increase. Here's an example of something that could work:

-- Strength --
Lvl 1 - 30, 1 point = 5 encumberance
Lvl 31 - 40, 1 point = 4 encumberance
Lvl 41 - 50, 1 point = 3 encumberance
Lvl 51 onward, 1 point = 2 encumberance

-- Skill
Lvl 1 - 30, 1 point = 1 critical
Lvl 31 - 50, 2 points = 1 critical
Lvl 51 - onward 3 point = 1 critical

These are raw numbers that would require further balancing, but it is definitely worthwhile for some builds to invest 80 in.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Neus" Wrote:That sort of defeats the purpose of diminishing returns on stats, doesn't it?
Not really. It's how slamming a stat to 80 through points is currently a complete waste, since once you hit that point, you have to hit the limit on Stat Boosts before you even see any real 'return' from the scaling, and even that's incredibly minimal. It also makes certain effects, such as the Dragon King set, completely useless. (When the stat bonus you'll get is either matched or outclassed by more easily obtained equipments, until a point where your returns are completely shot, you're not really going to bother)

What I'm trying to suggest is a way to let people who pump a stat to hardcap to see a little more from boosts, instead of having to go all in on stat boosts just to see a +2 to the scaled total. Unless, of course, your intention is to make people have to build their base stats around their boosts, alongside everything else.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I know the difference whenever I was hardcapping DEF/RES I was getting... .1% or .01% (can't remember which and since test server is kill, can't re-test).

I ended up just dropping it back down to.. 68 or 70 because the difference between them and 80 was so negligible that I was legitimately wasting points. Points that could have gone to other stats.

So yeah. The hardcap penalty is still way too hard, especially at the higher ends.
Just don't spend points beyond 70 in any one stat, then? What is the fundamental problem with that?
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
As of right now, I actually tested this.

52 is the point where stats are at 50.

Do you know what your 'stat' is at whenever you have 80 in it? 59.

For 30 points invested, you can get 9 points.

Not to say that its a bad thing... but having more stats at 40-52 is better than 2-3 at 80. It makes specialized builds kill (even though they're sacrificing hard on stats.

I'm sort of indifferent about it though, because having more in the stat means whenever someone #DELETEARMS your 80 strength.. it's only shifting down to 65... you only lose about 3 scaled strength so...