Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strong Will
Short and sweet, give us a talent similar to March that gives us focus back for walking long enough.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
no.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
We've discussed something similar before in the very recent past on multiple threads with no reply to Dev and most of the feedback being typically negative and/or wanting another approach on the issue rather than through a Trait.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
TL;DR no.

Blah blah Focus is not like Ki where you clench your fists, go AAAA AAAA AAAA and boom, it's filled and capped (Game mechanics aside, rofl). Nor it refills over time as fast as one's health does. And it should be the hardest resource to be managed in a RP point of view.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I still feel that there should be an available method to recover FP passively. We have March. We have Maintenance. There should be something for the FP reliant.
We have food restores and Capacity (which partially disappears in the next GR update I -think-) which can give 2 FP per turn on top of either 20% or 3 FP (whichever is higher) from spells you're hit with. Not much other than that IIRC.

It's not much but it's something.

Unless we were to add campfires (that despawn after 5 minutes) to dungeons that work at reduced rates (with only 1 being placeable per floor, preferably non-dense, to prevent abuse).

EDIT: Probably 5% per minute in dungeons as opposed to 8% in camps?

[Image: c017b49e0c114c5a9d1c3d3d1182318e.png]
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
"Chaos" Wrote:We've had this sort of discussion a LONG time ago, and the bottom line was this:

HP comes and goes easily.
FP is a valuable asset, and requires careful management.

You already have plenty of methods to restore and conserve FP to begin with. I don't see why we need to add an easily-abusable mechanic to that list. (not to mention what an FP-restoring march would invalidate)
"Neus" Wrote:I agree with Chaos.

I'm not seeing how this would suddenly be any different.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
I still feel if you can walk off getting stabbed in the neck, multiple times, and bleeding all over the place, then it'd make sense you can get your magic back, but hell, that's just me using Devlogic.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
March just makes everyone Wolverine from the X-men. It just didn't tell you that taking the talent came with a yellow costume.
FP is a pretty precious resource, as said before, I'd argue no.