Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Survival tactics?
An option to 'Struggle Free' would be cool. I got this from Shujin's main idea, a 'hidden' skill that appears in the bottom skill list when you're inflicted with a certain status effect.

A small list of what I thought, and in this case, to obtain it you'd need a combination of a Talent + Trait. (Partially from some option of Survival tree on Talent, and the trait to make the skill available.)

If you're inflicted with Burn, you get a hidden skill named 'Duck and Roll', which has a 75% chance of removing the burn status for 3M, and inflicts Knockdown on yourself. Can only be used once per round.
[Player] ducks and rolls, attempting to extinguish the flames!

If you're inflicted with Immobilize, you get a hidden skill named 'Struggle Free', which has a 50% chance of removing the immobilize status for 3M. Can only be used once per round.
[Player] struggles and flails, attempting to break free!

If you're inflicted with Fear, you get a hidden skill named 'Solid Courage', which has a 50% chance of removing the fear status for 3M, and makes you attack yourself (like the old Spirit Pain). Can only be used once per round.
[Player] desperately attacks themselves!

If you're inflicted with Silence, you get a hidden skill named 'Massage Throat', which has a 25% chance of removing the silence status, and a 25% risk chance of increasing the silence's duration by 1 round for 3M. Can only be used once per round.
[Player] attempts to massage their own throat...

If you're inflicted with Interference, you get a hidden skill named 'Focus Mind', which has a 25% chance of removing the interference status for 3M, and costs 20% FP. Can only be used once per round.
[Player] closes their eyes for a short while and relaxes...

If you are suffering from more than one 'treatable' status effect, the skill won't work or 'appear' on the skill tab.

(Excluded Poison because there's no 'survivalist' way to treat it Anti-Toxin aside, and that's an actual item.)
(Excluded Lingering Damage [Bleeding] because there's no 'survivalist' way to treat it, only medical.)
(Excluded Blind because there's no 'survivalist' way to treat it.)
(Excluded Slow because there's no 'survivalist' way to treat it.)
(Excluded Stun because there's no 'survivalist' way to treat it.)
(Excluded Magnetized because there's no 'survivalist' way to treat it.)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
I agree with most of this, but I have a few things to say. Mainly about the methods and not the mechanics.

'Solid Courage'- I'd say instead of attacking yourself, you could boldly rush into the enemy, using a Charge-Move like animation to run towards them. This is how I usually see someone removes fear, when they just rush in without thinking.
You can always keep it how it is, with slapping your sanity back into yourself, though.
Like I said, they're aimed to be 'survivalist' tactics, instead of war-related.

That variant for Solid Courage could be a good one to implement in a Soldier promotion imo. Church Knights when?
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]