Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Image linking in new descriptions
Ahem, sorry I deleted the last thread. I didn't want to look like an idiot for posting something that wasn't actually a bug. As I said in my last report...

So I know there's a check that makes sure images can't be linked to in the new character descriptions, since I tested a simple gyazo after finding this. However, I have found a bypass, as shown here.

[Image: 64f6fb8ea1ccbfaceb99f91a78919095.png]

If the linked image is in GIF format, the image will display, but only as a static image (first frame).

Similarly, I also tested uploading an image without a file extension name (browsers and HTML are smart enough to figure out what the file is) and even tested using Puush on a regular PNG image. All worked.

If this isn't a bug, then I'm not sure why the Gyazo direct links aren't working, when it's the same exact file. I originally found this by saying 'I wonder' and trying to direct link some random gif I found on google, which worked, so I experimented to find all this.

Side note: While it hasn't affected me, my little testing page has caused some of the people I've had look at it to crash. Whether that's from this exploit or simply BYOND failures yet again, I'm not sure.

EDIT: Some time ago, I took that page down. After clearing my cache to see if it would help stop my faceicon crashes, the page began to glitch out for me as well, rather than load correctly like it was doing before. Luckily, I could turn it blank before it became untouchable.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
That's very interesting. I didn't realize that was possible.

If people are crashing upon viewing your description then that's a sign they need to update their BYOND version. That was fixed in a recent release.