Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sanctity and Magic
So, we all know what's been going on with Sanctity as of late. It's become a key stat in crippling mages, alongside the already crippling Resistance stat. They both work, effectively, the same, except Sanctity also applies to damage types (and covers weaknesses provided by a race) alongside this.

You can easily have a Phenex, currently, with 0% dark/ice weakness without any gear so long as you hit 60 scaled sanctity, and get 30% resist in the others that they are normally resilient to.

Can we see a change in this already very good stat to something more moderate? Let's reduce the "Resistance" gain up to 1% per 5, and see how that goes.

It already gives 2 HP/FP per point, 2% Status resist, and sound attack.

It can stand to have the elemental resistances dropped a bit to try and see how it tweaks it.
Considering the racial benefits many races also get from this stat, I'd say this seems plenty reasonable.

I have a new character I'm pumping San on as an experiment, and at 43 san, she has 10% resist to most elements with no other contributing factors. It seems that it's currently 1% per 4 San. Making it 1% per 5 San seems fair, and it doesn't cripple the stat in any way, either.
*loud burp*
I would rather see the 1 per 5 solution AND Sanctity applying to Elemental Attack instead of Resistance.

Really, I feel like the Elemental Resist part goes against the point of SAN boosting racial weaknesses in the first place, and what would boil down to a +10~11 to all Elemental ATKs at capped SAN is a reasonable alternative.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
On one hand, I want what you're selling Chaos.

On the other I like a shitton of resist messages...

I'd be down for something like...

+1 elemental atk per 5 sanctity
+1 Elemental Resist per 10 sanctity.

It makes the part about it thats super OP, not nearly as OP, while still being an overall good stat for what people want of it.
I'd be on board with trying that 5/10 idea.
*loud burp*
I would be tempted to go for 6/12 or 5/11 (Elem. Atk/Elem. Resist) instead- the reason being is a good amount of Races have SAN effects hit at either 5 or 10 increments (see Lupine along with Golden Eyes and/or Instinct).

Spreading it out with different effects at different increments could make a person consider whether or not that extra 4 SAN to get 24 instead of hitting 20 and calling it a day or other instances (because there are more, I.E. Shaitans using Aptitude to a relatively safe degree due to the point where it stops being viable should still be at or well under their first important negative SAN threshold- referencing immunity to Charm and even Dark Claws at 10 SAN).

It also hits Resistance stacking, which even though I'm not typically affected by it I would still like to see that be less of a thing but that's more of a Talent/Equipment issue I suppose (off-topic I know, sorry).

Edit: There was another thing I was wanting to address but forgot it while typing partway through the post. . . I think. . . Q_Q

But yes, somewhat same mind as Chaos. Either let it count for both of just Elemental Attack (6/12 or 5/11 being the rates for Attack/Resist respectively).
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Okay I support this, now do it, listen to the people dev... Do it.
OOC Devourer Of Souls: it makes me feel like someone slipped me acid laced water
I don't think SAN needs to be even better by giving elemental ATK. That said, the original values for its resist were conceived in a world with 180 stat points instead of 210. I'm going to adjust it to give 1% per 6 points instead, which should make its upper limit more in line with what I originally thought it'd be around.