Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Main Storyline Quest System
A lot of people always seem to ask where to go next to advance the story. While it's not hard to stumble upon, it's certainly not the most easy to find, and I understand why some might get frustrated with looking.

So I figure, why not add some laplace.net quests to guide people along? For example...

Missing Persons (oniganflower@l-net.grm)

"I noticed some fancy-looking people heading south towards ago, and they never game back. For my own peace of mind, could you make sure they're not dead?"

500 Experience
100 Murai.

^ Just an idea for how to guide people towards Ashe.

I'm thinking, these could be used to help guide people to the Phoenix Band and what happens after the second God Grave, without flat-out telling people "Do this to advance the story" and ruining part of the surprise.
*loud burp*
I would rather see a new tab in the Quest Log, that not only details the player's progress, but also gives an 'afterword' that gives the player a solid hint to where they should go.

Though really, this isn't going to stop people from going and asking.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
The most confusing point of the storyline is simply everything involving Ashe.

>Realizing you need to check laplaceNET requests after fighting Kinu 2 to continue
>Realizing Ashe will spawn at some random point in time after turning in that request, at the top of Law's End

Everything before that can be figured out easily enough if people just read the dialogue, which most people aren't going to do. Adding laplaceNET requests wouldn't help them figure out where to go because, well, one of the primary points of 'I'm confused and don't know where to go now' is when the thing you're actually supposed to do is check laplaceNET.

And honestly, I've always wondered why the main storyline isn't recorded in the quest journal. You'd think it would at least appear as a normal quest, but no.

Chaos is right anyway. Most of the people asking didn't try hard enough to get answers on their own in the first place, and more features for it won't really change that. How do we know they didn't really try that hard before asking?

[Image: 370ed9e11b4e088ca708afb73d299275.png]
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Even if someone doesn't pay close attention to/care about quest dialogue (which I don't, that's my fault) they shouldn't have to google a resource outside of the base game. It's a wiki, sure, but still. I'd prefer if things went full easy mode and just told me my next objective outright in the Laplace thingy, but that wouldn't fly. A small "go here and maybe do this" in the Laplace thingy would be great.

So yeah, Chaos has the most solid idea imo
I thought about Chaos's idea as well, but decided against suggesting it since the story is currently so short.

But it would easily be better than my idea once the questline gets longer, and it's autoupdating won't lead to awkward instances of "Um, I already did this, can I still do the request?" So yeah, I've gotta say, thinking about it again, it's the best solution.
*loud burp*
"nico" Wrote:Even if someone doesn't pay close attention to/care about quest dialogue (which I don't, that's my fault) they shouldn't have to google a resource outside of the base game.

Well, yeah. Even I don't care that much about the dialogue (the only thing I needed from Kinu after Kinu 1 was 'Chinotoa' kthnx). That wasn't the point I was making. Trust me, there are people who will immediately shout out to OOC 'not sure what to do next!' right after getting out of the dialogue box after Kinu 1, hints or not.

+1 and all, add the tab. It is the best solution, but people are still going to ask, no matter how obvious it is.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]