Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no.
Mechanations being able to use Upgrade/Repair on themselves don't make sense in lore (they aren't robots) and lead to swell situations where they Overclock a Medbot and gain back all their health for less than 40 FP.

It should either be nerfed for self-use or be banned for self-use.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Did someone get dunked on by one of the Jokers?

I bet they did.

Interference stops this sort of shenanigans, but you are right. Overclocking a medbot gives you about 300+ HP every single round (and they have good stats, no less).

Repair, on the other hand, is rather useless now when compared to things like Graft or literally any other healing spell (because SKI healing on yourself is pretty low when you have 800+ HP).

Upgrade is supposed to be getting a nerf for mechs to not give a shitton of stats (or nearly as much as it used to) as well.

Engineer should be coming back into the meta, but not only for one specific race (or because of how horrendously OP medbots and Aegis' are).
Uh...the first part of your sentence doesn't have anything to do with the second part.

Are you trying to nerf Medibot or Upgrade/Repair? Overclocked Medibots heal for a lot now, so, yeah, I can see them at -least- getting a cooldown along with every other bot so they can't be replaced instantly. This is something I've wanted to see for awhile, even before they healed for numbers as high as they do now.

As for Upgrade/Repair, honestly, Repair isn't nearly as effective as it used to be for self-healing (and it's also only usable once a round). Upgrade could afford to be +2-3 stats instead, or just only work on bots for the stat-boost.
"Egil" Wrote:Mechanations being able to use Upgrade/Repair on themselves don't make sense in lore (they aren't robots) and lead to swell situations where they Overclock a Medbot and gain back all their health for less than 40 FP.

It should either be nerfed for self-use or be banned for self-use.

Mechanations can use Upgrade/Repair because I imagine with the exception of a motor/Llarian Scar powering them they're probably made out of the same materials because at the end of the day all Mechanation are, really are constructs. So saying it doesn't make sense in lore is just dumb. Not to mention the bot is slow and frail and overall useless unless it's healing so nerfing it would just make it useless. So if you can't even KO a bot that has crap stats even with Overclock then...well let me put my shirt back on.

[Image: front.png?v=2016-01-18-02-40]

"Rendar" Wrote:.
Engineer should be coming back into the meta, but not only for one specific race (or because of how horrendously OP medbots and Aegis' are).

So let me get this straight. You want Engineer to come back into the meta. But nerf the only things making the class good in the first place? It's be honest, without Medbot/Aegis/Upgrade and Repair Engy would fall along the path of Lantern Bearer and never be used because there's much better options.

tl;dr Engy is fine where it is, just because you all lost to it doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed. Let Mechanations have something because lord knows their Racials aren't doing much for them.

[Image: image.w174h200f3.jpg]
Nah Psych.

Just making their bots have a c/d is a good step in the right direction for that.

That's all I really want, besides the upgrade nerf that needed to happen because +5 to a ton of stats is bad.
why does everyone keep saying upgrade needs a nerf ( vampires have a better thing) I haven't heard dev say it was getting nerfed(he said he'd redo the numbers on a lot of buffs, maybe he felt upgrade was in a good place???)
Because upgrade was in a good place, he butt-dunked almost every sorts of buffs and debuffs. Also eh, it's not like if there's zero counterplay towards ye' olde' engineer class.
Just have:
1- A gun, preference being some Borneblood Jackhammer.
2- Interference Shell, Null Shell.
3- Proceed to make them cry as you remove their ability to heal, and the Upgrade buff if you time your Cooldown with a good positioning.
(I'm pretty damn sure Romek can do this and walk away with sunglasses and back turned to the explosion.)
If you're playing something like a Soldier, or Duelist. HEE-HEE, welcome to YOUR counterplay. Engineers are simply the Rock over Scissors, in this case.

And I mean, really, I'd rather complain about Hexer and Menov's Fang doing 'unresistable' 80% of your MAX HP as damage, out of only Poison while the caster just waddles away. Wdf is the counterplay?

Or if you manage to silence them while poisoned, they just fart a Menov, cuz this is a god damn SKILL and can't be muted. And you have to be a specific >RACE< to win against those, no class, no anti-toxin, not even the new alchemist snake-eater potion thing (forgot name), generally nothing. Just a fully leveled new char that will take another year to make, no simple class swap. So I can say they do have 0.1% chances to be counterplayed.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Yeah I got dunked on my soldier destiny dull by an engine mech (hi fern) and got salty. The counterargunents have convinced me to withdraw my claim.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I could see engineer bots getting a cooldown if necessary, but that's a separate topic.