Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lupine Racial Passive
Browsing through changes to Kaelensian passive, I noticed that every other race seems to have something based on SAN outside of Instinct, where-as my favorite, Lupines...only have Instinct.

Examples:

-Felidae/Grimalkin have Fleetfoot, which gives them +1 Movement per 20 points of scaled SAN.
-Corbie have Aerial Attacker, which gives them Hit equal to 5+SAN and Power equal to 1+20% scaled SAN while airborne.
-Phenex have Revive, which gives the target HP back equal to SAN*2.
-Leporidae have increased Kick/Nature damage on their first skill of those types that is an extra +50% of their scaled SAN.

My point is, every other race has a passive that directly correlates to use of Sanctity OUTSIDE of Instinct, while lupines ONLY have Instinct.

KhallidtheGrey made a good suggestion that I rather like to make up for this: What he mentioned was some form of take-down/execute, that would be something akin to a target with low ish health, either a static number or a calculation based on your SAN, and doing something like STR+SAN& extra damage. He compared it to a wolf taking down prey, which I would quite agree with.
Give them pack tactics, when an ally is adjacent to an enemy, they gain a bonus to hit based on sanc
"Lolzytripd" Wrote:Give them pack tactics, when an ally is adjacent to an enemy, they gain a bonus to hit based on sanc
I see the logic to it, but I can't say I'd be happy with something like that, having to rely on others where none of the other races really have to. Even the Phenex self-revive gets it's cooldown reduced by SAN, as I looked further into it.
Lupines already get a bonus to hit, just outright, from Golden Eyes if their rank if high enough in it. Pack tactics would also be teetering close to Corbie's aerial attacker perk, which is like +SAN hit with +SAN/5 dmg. Soooo.

Let's not go down that route, @Lolzytripd.

I'd like to see either their instinct be stronger, or a % chance if someone tries to disengage from melee with them without using a teleport move (Like, actual movement. Haunting doesn't count since Dev said it's smoke and mirrors), they get a free swing at the person or a chance to knock the person down, thus cancelling it.
"Rendar" Wrote:Lupines already get a bonus to hit, just outright, from Golden Eyes if their rank if high enough in it. Pack tactics would also be teetering close to Corbie's aerial attacker perk, which is like +SAN hit with +SAN/5 dmg. Soooo.

Let's not go down that route, @Lolzytripd.

I'd like to see either their instinct be stronger, or a % chance if someone tries to disengage from melee with them without using a teleport move (Like, actual movement. Haunting doesn't count since Dev said it's smoke and mirrors), they get a free swing at the person or a chance to knock the person down, thus cancelling it.
I like that idea as well, with a 'no escape' passive, still rather fitting to the Lupine theme. I would just like to see something more than base Instinct (Which Felidae have the same thing, just with different stats, on TOP of Fleetfoot.)
Alright, let's do a simple comparison between Lupine and Felidae (two that have always been rivals in mechanics in my mid):

Lupines:

-Golden Eyes: SAN*5 resistance to Blind, Immunity at 20 SN. -Greater- than (x>20) SAN also gives a SAN-20 bonus to Hit.
-Instinct (Lupine): Threshold One (50% HP or less) gives a bonus to STR, WIL, DEF and RES of 1+(0.1*SAN). Threshold Two (25% HP or less) gives a bonus to STR, WIL, DEF and RES of 2(1+(0.1*SAN)).

Felidae

-Golden Eyes: SAN*5 resistance to Blind, Immunity at 20 SN. -Greater- than (x>20) SAN also gives a SAN-20 bonus to Hit.
-Instinct (Felidae): Threshold One (50% HP or less) gives a bonus to SKI, CEL, LUC and GUI of 1+(0.1*SAN). Threshold Two (25% HP or less) gives a bonus to SKI, CEL, LUC and GUI of 2(1+(0.1*SAN)).
-Fleetfoot: Felidae gain a Base +1 Move along with another +1 Move per 20 Scaled SAN.

=====================================================================================

What does this mean, Diz?

In short, Felidae get more-or-less the same type of Racials as Lupine and more. They get two unique Racials while Lupines get one (with Golden Eyes being present in -every- member of the Kaelensia) I would -love- to see the dogs get more love in general (I would like to say it's not because my golden star is one but admittedly it probably plays a small part in it) and another Racial Passive that's unique to them. Some ideas I had include:

=====================================================================================

Suggested Possible Racial Traits

-Wild Hunt: Lupines gain 1/4th of their Flanking bonus for attacking enemies head-on. At 50% HP or less, this effect is doubled to 1/2th of their Flanking bonus.

-Howl: Gives a % chance (.05*SAN?) to inflict either Fear or Hesitation (dependent on input) at a distance. The accuracy falls off after 4 squares, at 5% or 10% per square past this; the base chance can be no higher than 100% within the 4-square range -before- the accuracy fall-offs (meaning there is no way around this being 100% at greater than 4-squares).

-Wolf's Blood (EDITED): In a party the size of three or greater, Lupines gather a small boost to Hit, Evade and Critical hit (a flat 2% per party member?). This effect is doubled (to a max of 10%) if all party members are Lupine. (this one may still need to be messed with)

-Thick Hide/Thick Fur (please GOD NO): Gives natural elemental resistance to bother Fire and Ice (10%? - The Fire resistance is more-or-less a nod at Great Wolf Vs. Hyatt and can be chosen to be ignored).

NOTE: These are NOT fully-thought out and should only serve as -drafts- to discuss on prior to deciding on them. Only one is meant to become an actual thing. And to be honest, the last (Thick Fur) was more-or-less filler and I would DIE to see it implemented (PLEASE NO DEV).

EDIT: Small edit made.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
I actually really like the idea of the Howl (Partially for personal reasons of needing a Fear readily accessible Tongue). But moreover, I think it'd fit pretty well, while sticking to a SAN scaled passive like the other Kaelensian races have. That, and it's not dependent on others, though I would say it would be one or the other, not a possibility of both.
=================================Suggested Possible Racial Traits 2.0=================================

-Wild Hunt (Racial Passive): Lupines gain 1/4th of their Flanking bonus for attacking enemies head-on. At 50% HP or less, this effect is doubled to 1/2th of their Flanking bonus.

-Howl (1): Gives a % chance (.05*SAN?)* to inflict either Fear* and/OR Hesitation* (dependent on input on which would be more useful) in close proximity. The accuracy falls off after 3* or 4 squares (depending on input), at 5/10*/15% per square past this (depending on input); the base chance can be no higher than 100% within the base-square range -before- the accuracy fall-offs (meaning there is no way around this being 100% at greater than the base-square of 3 or 4). This would be either 2M* or 3M.

-Howl (2): Is a psuedo-Sharpen that is stackable with the existing skill. Probably in-line with +3 Str* and/or +3 Ski/+10 Hit* (Ski -or- Hit just to clarify) at 2M with a cost of 5*-10 FP for a total of 3 turns. Another option I could see is giving the skill a target (4-range) and have them suffer (-3 Ski and-10 Evade) with the FP cost and turn duration remaining the same.

Although this would be less fun than the first mechanic for Howl I've suggested I think it's still somewhat a worthwhile mention.

-Wolf's Blood or Pack Mentality (Racial Innate): In a party the size of three or greater (or 2+ if both are Lupine), Lupines gather a small boost to Hit, Evade and Critical hit (a flat +2 or more per party member?). This effect is doubled (to a max of +15) for each party member that is Lupine.

EDIT: Lone Wolf: (Scaled SAN/10) rounded down to the nearest whole number being a bonus to Defense and Resistance (at a cap of 5 - I figured this would be less OP overall than straight out Damage Reduct due to Diminishing Returns). Would only be applicable as a soloist.

==============================================================================================

* = This denotes what I would prefer to see with each skill suggestion. I am more-than-fine with feedback and opinions (so long as they're constructive and help progress this thread) on how to change these and will probably be posting updates in another iteration if this thread doesn't completely die off before a conclusion is settled on.

EDIT: Small edits made, one added. Although I'm fine with any getting through at any iteration... I would probably go with Wild Hunt, Lone Wolf or Wolf's Blood/Pack Mentality.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
[strike]Felidae passive lv3 kip-up when?[/strike]

Refer to serious post.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Felidae passive lv3 kip-up when?
Not really relevant to the discussion. This is a discussion about Lupines.