Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I must dash you off the list
Characters with a DASH in their name, such as "Maid-Chan" cannot be added properly (and receive perms) for housing. This is kind of detrimental.

Also yes; i did try with caps, i got the right slots too.
Did you try "Maid Chan" (or whatever alias you're actually trying to add with dashes replaced with spaces.)

This bug's coming from how BYOND handles object names with its commands. You know, the macro to examine 'Cute Maid' would be
Quote:examine Cute-Maid

Not to say there isn't the potential to fix this in the future, but that's my reason behind suggesting that. Go ahead and see if that works while you wait for a proper response.
[Image: 43061579a09db588952b04fe4c658928.png]
Not sure I understand. Screenshots?
[Image: f17knMN.png]

[Image: WLVENkk.jpg]

Sorry for the large images. Anyways, added perms. The key "Maid-chan" doesn't seem to register as an actual builder.. I doubt "Maid---Chan" or "Maid Chan" work as well
That's because it's a ckey, which doesn't use dashes. maidchan should work fine.
That works, but isn't that sort of dangerous since people could simply make a "maidchan" key which is effectively the same as mine, except they have perms?

Not sure if there's anything that can be done about this thematically to provide 'defense' against such things.
You can't create a BYOND key with the same canonical format as another, so this isn't an issue.