Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alloys
I had another idea I want to bat around. (Not another one...) Applying two ores to a weapon or armor at once to get half the effects (minimum 1? rounded down?) of both materials. So let's say you mash Carapace and Planetarium together. Carapace is +2 Power, +5 Weight, +3 Dark ATK. Planetarium is +1 Power, +2 Accuracy, +2 Critical, -2 Weight, and +3 Light ATK. Half of each Power power value is 1 and 0.5, but that'd go back up to 1, so +2 power total. Half of the Accuracy is null and +1 for +1 accuracy total. Half of Critical, null, +1, +1 total. Half weight modifiers would be +2.5 (+2) and -1, for a total +1 weight. The ATK bonuses would of course be a +1 each, so +1 Light and Dark ATK. All in all a Carapace/Planetarium weapon would have +2 power and +1 everything else.

A combo I find neat would be to alloy with Etherium to get half instead of quarter durability and only recover half of the weapon's total durability at the end of a fight instead of a full heal each encounter and would cut all values in half for the other half of the alloy.

You could also just slap iron in to delude the alloy and tone it all down by cutting it all in half.

My biggest worry is people will find a super strong material combo. But nothing comes to mind, except maybe Etherium alloys.

A thought crossed my mind to not halve negative values. The inverse applying to weight, however.

Edit: Paper and wood could also be combined as duel pages and composites respectively. These and alloys would likely have full material costs applied twice (e.g. 5 carapace and five etherium to make a carathium longsword, or 10 and 10 for a carathium nelten)
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!
Neat concept on paper, but I imagine it'd be annoying to code for.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Possibly... I should hope not. At worst, I imagine it would mean a bunch of templates.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!