Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
RE: Bonus HP/FP
It seems like there's a lot of sources to increase your stats like VIT or WIL in battle.... Well Fed, Install, Vamp Shell's Overcharge, etc., but a lot of the time it just seems to leave you with empty chunks of increased HP/FP that don't really serve you much if you don't have a healing source then and there (besides acting as a liability vs poison), and a lot of the time it can feel like it's not even worth it to heal that amount.

Basically, in whatever proc handles increasing stats temporarily, could we get a healing for the appropriate value so that we measure up to our new relative amount? (Vit increased by 1 = +11 hp, stats in general increasing healing what was it, 1 max hp you gain per stat point? and etc. for FP as well). I guess it's more quality of life than anything.

P.S. Sorry if this has been asked before, it's hard to search for a topic when all the words involved are too common to be used with the search function apparently, or are only two letters...
I can see where this is coming from, and I'm inclined to agree. The only issue with this is Afflicted Specter in the ghost tree, which grants a disproportionately large chunk of 'extra health' solely for the purpose of making rising game and Ether Invitation easier to boost up.

But you are correct, unless you have access to healing, most boosts to your health do little more than increase the damage done by poison or strip evade because of borneblood enchantments. It'd be neat to see this in the future.
I could see this being a thing is afflicted spectre did not apply to this due to the actual use of the skill, as well as it being a really significant chunk of extra HP
"Spoops" Wrote:I could see this being a thing is afflicted spectre did not apply to this due to the actual use of the skill, as well as it being a really significant chunk of extra HP

In that case, couldn't it just be treated as some virtual number by the Ghost skills that use it? Just use the increased number in the 'missing hp' calculation only?
Welp, a simple fix for this would be by food item's healing applying before the battle begins (round 0), not after.

Or option two: half of the food's healing % is applied at the beginning of a fight, and the other half, aftermath.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Maybe, although in some of these instances (Install, Vamp Shell) I don't think it's that big of an issue, and it's not as simple of a change as you believe it is. It might also lead to confusion/perceived undesirable issues, for example; what happens when the battle ends? Do I keep the HP I gained from having my max HP increased, or does it decrease when I lose max HP? If I end a battle with 150/300 HP because I got 30 extra from Vamp Shell, I might be a little confused when after the battle my HP is 120/270. Etc.