Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Pray, With A Machine Heart
You know how Dullahans can't drink potions? I like those sorts of racial limitations. It keeps certain builds in check while also promoting racial diversity. I think this sort of thing is sorely needed in two cases:

- Being able to heal Engineer Bots with anything except Repair
- Dullahans and Liches being affected by Mercala-based healing

Both of these things shouldn't be happening, to me. Thoughts?
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I have to agree, there should be more healing restrictions on Engineer Bots (you should not be able to pray to Mercala and have the cog that just flew off of Borked Bot #2,222 to be fixed).

As for Dullahans and Liches? I can't see the logic with Liches (from my understanding they're -supposed- to be pure Focus). Dullahans are hit-and-miss for me, but I'd throw them in the same category.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
No issues here on limiting Engineer Bot healing (as long as Medibot still functions for them)

Liches not being able to utilize magic to restore themselves makes absolutely no sense, and a Dullahan's form being repaired by magic is not that unreasonable.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
If armor can be healed by Mercala, then why not engineer bots?

I understand your argument Chaos, but look at what "Graft" means, it makes little-to-no sense when applied to Liches and Dullahans.

EDIT: I understand we're talking about game mechanics and sometimes things need to debunk real-world logic and values at times for everything to work more smoothly but it'd be nice for the game to give nods to things link up. Especially when it's not that much of a stretch in the capacity of mechanics in the game (maybe a reduced defectiveness for non-living things such as Vampires, Dullahans, Liches and machines (bots/mechanations)?)

Also, yay!! 200th post. Sorry, Delta Jammers and purple are my favorites of both their categories.

[Image: d7e501fc1a104fb990792fa8856510aa.png]
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
you can graft metal to metal and metal to bone. Its just more commonly known as coating, plating or bonding.

Also graft is just a neat name for a spell, not a literal interpretation.
"Egil" Wrote:If armor can be healed by Mercala, then why not engineer bots?
For a Dullahan, their armor is their body, and houses their soul/spirit/etc. For a bot, armor is just armor, there to protect the inner workings.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Can Mercana repair anything that possesses a soul, then? Can remnants and w/e the evil version is be repaired by Mercana? How about trees? How about dried, dead wood?

Mercala is the goddess of life, her magic isint too picky in terms of undead (or more accurately "less-living?&quotWink And heals just about all life indiscriminately.

It wouldnt be a surprise at all if Mercana can heal a soul, though this is probably a lore question better left to Dev.

As far as healing dead/dried wood, that would probably be no different then healing the dead, so difficult as fuq.
Munch