Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Brighter Darkness
Look we can get salty and throw pointless reasonings at eachother or we can acknowledge the fact that you're suggesting we remove it outright while I am suggesting repurposing so it's still usable but not overbearing, and I'm fairly certain that in my head, the latter option is usually better in this specific case.
"Spoops" Wrote:Look we can get salty and throw pointless reasonings at eachother or we can acknowledge the fact that you're suggesting we remove it outright while I am suggesting repurposing so it's still usable but not overbearing, and I'm fairly certain that in my head, the latter option is usually better in this specific case.

This.

If you indulge in something sinister, regardless of your intentions, there are consequences. If you go for high SAN as a vampire and, thus, high Essence and a powerful Lunar Lunatism, then you should be shitting yourself if someone figures out you're a strong vampire and decides to fight you with a holy weapon.

Stop coddling edgelord vampires that break their lore to be completely comfortable out in the open. Punish people who cannot meet the RP standards that come with this race, or have Dev abolish all of that nonsense about vampires hiding in the shadows and pulling strings and put instead 'The undead openly parade their dark powers and remain unchallenged as a parasitic force in society'.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Egil" Wrote:If you indulge in something sinister, regardless of your intentions, there are consequences. If you go for high SAN as a vampire and, thus, high Essence and a powerful Lunar Lunatism, then you should be shitting yourself if someone figures out you're a strong vampire and decides to fight you with a holy weapon.

Stop coddling edgelord vampires that break their lore to be completely comfortable out in the open. Punish people who cannot meet the RP standards that come with this race, or have Dev abolish all of that nonsense about vampires hiding in the shadows and pulling strings and put instead 'The undead openly parade their dark powers and remain unchallenged as a parasitic force in society'.

Completely, whole-heartedly agreed.
I'd be fine with something like...

Brighter Darkness gives 1.25x holy damage, however for every 2 points of sanctity (SAN/2), it gets worse. So at 50 san it's still 1.5x. At 20 san, it's only 1.35x. 30 san? 1.4x.

That makes it so that scaling upon your sanctity is still a theme, and it gets WORSE the higher your san goes.
"Egil" Wrote:Stop coddling edgelord vampires that break their lore to be completely comfortable out in the open.
Except this has nothing to do with Bright Darkness. Put that in its own topic.

I would take MegaBlues/Rendar's suggestion to make the Trait's Holy effectiveness scale inversely with SAN. Or make the Trait lock out Lunar Lunatism.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Quote:A great trait to help you not get utterly destroyed by holy weapons, exclusive only to those vampires who are less evil than the others.

Quote:If Brighter Darkness has to be forced onto players who RP their vampires a certain way just to make the Trait see use, then Brighter Darkness shouldn't exist.

Quote:Stop coddling edgelord vampires that break their lore to be completely comfortable out in the open.

Seems like it has plenty to do with the OP's suggestion.

MegaBlue's suggestion is fine but Spo's accomplishes the goal more effectively and w/o making Vampires function terribly like Corrupted.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
"Egil" Wrote:Seems like it has plenty to do with the OP's suggestion.

MegaBlue's suggestion is fine but Spo's accomplishes the goal more effectively and w/o making Vampires function terribly like Corrupted.
People playing Vampires out in the open or making them an edgelord (or any combination thereof) has nothing to do with their supposed alignment. You can see a good Vampire walk around asking for blood as much as you would see an evil Vampire running up to the Arena and immediately attacking someone in broad daylight. I will repeat this only once: Take the matter elsewhere.

Also, remind me how Mind Scorch works? "You get this and this immunity if your SAN does not surpass this point." All suggestions given so far work off the same mechanics you'd find in at least one Corrupted racial.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
Sounds like it'd be a lot simpler to make Vampires' increased damage from holy SAN*2% (min. +50%) and leave Brighter Darkness alone.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]