Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Leaping Lizard+Skyburn
Skyburn being the meta thing that it is right now, there's a bit of a problem with the specific class combination of Demon Hunter and Magic Gunner. Leaping Lizard's 0M cost next to enemies (from Enemy Climb) doesn't ever increase, and each of the Magic Gunner's shell-change skills cost 0M for the first use in a round while simultaneously being airborne incompatible.

In short, for as many times as you have unique shells equipped, you can leap into the air, land, and trigger Skyburn's 12 fire damage for free on all the enemies within 3 range. It might seem a bit innocuous, but if you're a variety gunner who likes to pack as many shells as possible, it can get pretty high. In my case, that's 7 shells a turn * 12 damage for a completely free, 0M Cost extra 84 damage a turn that ignore resistance on everything within 3 range.

And sure, people can stack fire resist with relative ease and even absorb it with a red letter, but even with amounts up to 50% resist I'd still be getting a completely free 40+ damage (or for 1M I guess, Resist! docking you a point and all that)... More like 60-120 (depending on resists) if you pack all 10 MG shells. Not to mention that depending on how fast people go through their skills menu it would just take forEVER and a while, slowing battles to a crawl... The root of the problem is probably the fact that no matter how many times you land and use Leaping Lizard again next to an enemy, the cost never goes up. It'd be pretty cool if Enemy-Climb Leaping Lizard could start accruing a Repeat Action cost from 0M to combat this. (So, 0M the first time [and the second as well if you're using Jump Cancel], 1 after that, etc.)

TL;DR Spam Leaping Lizard + changing shells with a Skyburn for a decent amount of COMPLETELY FREE damage on nearby enemies that wastes a lot of time. Leaping Lizard having Repeat Action costs increase even with Enemy Climb would fix it fine.
There is a post about it already.

http://www.neus-projects.net/viewtopic.p...amp;t=3151
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
This is somewhat related to this post from a while back. My initial reaction would be to make enemy climb only trigger once per round, but I believe many people like using leaping lizard more than once in conjunction with things like Wazabane. It wouldn't be too out of the question to bring back the suggestion I had from that thread, which was hard capping the number of times the damage can apply in one round.

EDIT: That's assuming we even need to get rid of this interaction. Some people might find it a perfectly reasonable strategy, even if it's a bit eccentric.
I think this is actually a bug. Leaping Lizard and Enemy Climb says it only makes the base Momentum cost of the skill 0; therefore it's not adding the Repeat Action penalty for multiple uses, which has been fixed.