Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Base Class: Fundamentals
Right to the point, I'd like to discuss the possibility for a new class at the 'center' of the class board, which is a class that's always treated as equipped regardless of what your currently equipped classes are. This could host a large amount of skills that, while not necessarily as powerful as ordinary class skills, could be used by anyone who invests in them. With a decent number of skills available for investment and potential for a great deal of expansion, it could present a new level of diversity for characters. There are also likely skills within current skill sets, and possibly even traits, that might serve better purpose here.

As just a general idea of potential new skills for this pool, here are some examples:

Mind's Eye
You're capable of making attacks against your target before you've actually made them, with the help of mental visualization. Upon using this skill grants a status that increases the accuracy, critical chance, and damage of your next basic attack by Rank*4. (5 ranks, 2M)

Reprieve
Take a moment to rest yourself, recovering Rank% of your FP (min. 1). (5 Ranks, 6+Remaining M)

Defend
You prepare to block incoming attacks with your weapon. Consumes all remaining momentum and grants Guard status at M*Rank LV until the start of your next turn. Attacks received while using Defend will lower the durability of your equipped weapon(s) by 1. (5 ranks)

Those are just a few examples of possible new skills, and I hope they give a good impression of what I'm suggesting. Traits that may be better off in something like this are Skip (no surprise here), Sub-Attack, and Battle Spirits. As for existing class skills, I'm not prepared to suggest anything that could benefit from being moved into something like this without introducing balance issues, but there are probably a few underwhelming or just "general territory" skills that could find a home here.

I had a small concern with "wait, how does this differ so heavily from traits?" but in the end I felt that the skills here would feel more like genuine skills instead of minor ability add-ons, even if they may not be as impressive as true class skills (Meditate VS Reprieve) or existing alternatives (Guard VS Defend).

With that I'm open to support or burning this suggestion to the ground. Ideas, opinions, and critics are welcome and appreciated.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]
I think that people would just always pick out the strongest ones (See: Defend) and that there'd be no variety. You'd be better off just suggesting more traits.
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
I agree that this is better off being something like traits or talents.
Fair enough. Thanks for giving this a look, both of you.
[Image: 5a7229cbed.png]