Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dragon King Set Revamp
One of the things that got swept under the rug was the Dragon King Set Effect. Why? Two main reasons:

- Diminishing Returns give incentive not to increase the stat much farther past the Soft Cap in most instances.

- Most builds have some Strength attributed from Aptitude. The current Set Effect does not take this into calculation.

------

Suggestion: The new effect takes into account your Base Strength (post-stat allocation) and your Aptitude Bonus to Strength (as well as the bonus from items/Class Skills only IF they did previously - I don't think they were a factor before, though).

It would also go off of your Strength pre-DR. Meaning if you have 80 Strength pre-Diminishing Returns, you would get a full +4 from one of the items from the Set.

-----

Quesitons? Comments? Hatred?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
+1
"Take it for granted. I dare you."

[Image: 142v2wn.png]

[Image: 21b2ouq.png]
Basically - 5% of your str pre-scaling, would be added as SCALED str per dragon king item.

Sounds good to me.
That still sounds pretty awful for an effect, and most would get more out of a Strength ring than this. I'd propose for the effect to be powered up.
I'd suggest a increase to the damage you do per each item, if the weapon you have equipped has 50% or more STR scalling, and is not something like a tome.
how about weapons equipped gain 10% str scaling per piece equipped.
To be honest, the Dragon King set has become a waste ever since the Great Reckoning hit. They were made for pre-GR, and it shows all too well: Currently, the boost is minimal where each point matters the most, and the boost is optimal when each point is worth much less. In other words, there is no point where any Dragon King set equipment would contribute anything worth taking up a slot for.

If we were to see this set work for post-GR like it would work for pre-GR, I would suggest that each piece boosts Scaled STR by a stacking 5~10%. This would put it where it was pre-GR: A non-capped boost that works best with plenty of STR.
[Image: a2794117f3.png]
[12:53:15 AM] Chaos: don't hit dyst
[12:53:18 AM] Chaos: that's cruelty to animals
[12:53:20 AM] Chaos: you have to shoot it
[12:53:20 AM] Dystopia: ye
10% post-DR then or?
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Agreed with OP, especially at the first suggestion. It should add bonuses to the %. (+1)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]