Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Phase Fang
The Phase Fang evoke-active skill of the youkai 'Phase Python' does not seem to be calculating damage properly.
[Image: 0a0d01d336.png]

While using a normal basic attack, the final damage came out to 95.

While using Phase Fang on the same enemy, the damage final damage came out to 85.

Shouldn't Phase Fang be dealing slightly more damage than a basic attack? These were both done in the same turn, against the same enemy.
You'll want to include what classes you used, what weapon you hit with, and who/what you hit. It could be a funky interaction with something that isn't phase fang, so getting details is important.
The level of the Phase Python is also relevant, considering it decides how much bonus damage there is if any.
GS/Hexer.

Only thing that could add to basic attacks would be Evil Force, but my fan is not Doomed or Cursed -- it has this Avalon thing that regenerates a worthlessly trivial amount of hitpoints.

Phase Python, even at Lv. 1, should not be reducing the damage below normal. 1/3 of 1 is rounded down to 0.
"Esther" Wrote:GS/Hexer.

Only thing that could add to basic attacks would be Evil Force, but my fan is not Doomed or Cursed -- it has this Avalon thing that regenerates a worthlessly trivial amount of hitpoints.

Phase Python, even at Lv. 1, should not be reducing the damage below normal. 1/3 of 1 is rounded down to 0.

You should test again on a jammer, where there's no potential issues with effects or items. I tested with a level 60 python and the damage calculations came out fine.
I'm not sure why a jammer would make any difference from a spatial -- the same enemy was hit both times.

Are you a melee build with a STR-scaling weapon? It might be a scaling problem, and you just match the old scaling.