Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Monster Factory
I have no idea what to call this issue, but, having more than one monster as a mercenary in a fight causes strange things to happen.

With two or more monster mercenaries, after finishing a fight, the next fight will 1. Add a copy of one of your monster mercenaries to a pool of enemies that will automatically spawn in -any- fight you do and 2. Spawn all enemies in that pool against you. (note: the copies are keeping status effects they gain as well, still being Feared from getting murdered a million times for science).

Turning off mercenaries will cause the pool to deplete one enemy per fight you finish.

If any of the enemy copies get a turn, they will not take it, and the fight will not continue.

[Image: 06f4544c05.png]

See all those 'allies' on the bottom? Those are the copied enemies. Also it appears that lauders that pop out of the 'allies' will be added to a pool of actual allies that will spawn on your side every fight from then on.

EDIT: The lauders that spawn will appear in -every single fight that starts on the server-, although they won't actually be in the fight. Turning off mercenaries on the person who caused it and entering a fight will remove them....for the person who spawned them? Honestly I have no idea what's going on with the lauders. I figure fixing the issue in the topic will make this a non-issue.
Same as the other topic, please retest this since it might have been caused by a runtime error.
This issue appears to be gone now, fighting with more than two mercs no longer causes them to start duplicating themselves in revenge against you.