Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Martial Ambidexterity
Mixed Martial Arts equips you with a bare fists sub-weapon for the purpose of sub-attacks and using fist-related skills, but the way that it works right now is a little inconsistent overall. When equipped with a non-fist weapon and specifically using it for fist attacks, it works fine and nothing's really the matter. However, when you try to use it with Ambidexterity, things don't really work so well.

Having a weapon of any description equipped prevents you from using the fist weapon with an 'any weapon' attack skill, and having a fist weapon equipped precludes you from using the bare fists at all, outside of sub-attacking. I'm told this isn't really a bug, so I've brought it to suggestions to wonder loudly, 'could the bare fists sub-weapon from Mixed Martial Arts be changed to work with Ambidexterity?'

Beyond the basic rationale of a person being capable of deciding whether to use their sword or punch you when they attack (the same that probably lead to the skill's inception), being prevented from using the bare fists shuts down a lot of different tactical avenues the skill could be granting for those who still want to use their hand-slot equipment, especially pure fist-users.

Some examples:
- Using the fist for durability consuming attacks or skills (blocking with Eviter, for example) to conserve the durability of your main-hand weapon, ESPECIALLY if the latter is Rustic and high-power.
- Wielding an inaccurate, but powerful, weapon in your main hand while still having the option to switch to your bare fists for a bit more reliability.
- Equipping a weaker weapon in your main hand to have a special effect available, like the vampiric or fp-recovering effects, or an enchantment like Holy to specifically ruin a ghost/posessed's day.
- The gun-weapon damage for skills like Riposte is completely terrible, and you may as well just punch the guy in such a case.

All in all, it can only open up more options and that's what a turn-based game's strategy is all about isn't it? Appreciate the time, etc, and I really hope you'll give this some consideration.
bump for MAJOR EDIT
The Evitar bit would rather invite the change of Evitar to function against fist weapons as it would be kinda nonsense to be able to parry a weapon by hand but not another hand.
Please don't lynch me, I'm too young!