Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Autohit salt"
"Neus" Wrote:Personally I think cooldowns are the better solution. Soldier shouldn't have its powerful skills gutted on the assumption you are going to use them twice in a row to double up on damage, at least not now that we have another way to limit spamming them.

I'm inclined to disagree, simply because there's a fairly large number of available autohits to pad cooldown periods. The fact that you are almost always better off using retreating swipe/roundtrip/peddling wheel/crystal rose over basic attacking -- both because it will do more damage than a non-critical basic attack, and it doesn't have to fight evade -- leads me to believe the numbers just need to be tuned down.

"Neus" Wrote:In what rotation are they being used effectively?

It's not mmo-style rotation, but if you use a build that disregards normal attacks entirely, generally you will have access to three or four different attacks that automatically hit at any one time, minimum. I'll briefly list the most common taken and maxed skills for MA/Soldier/Duelist.

Soldier: Retreating Swipe, Shinken, Roundtrip, Turnover. All of these sit at 150% scaling, except Roundtrip, which is 145%. That's 10% less than face stomp and Lance de Lion, and on par with execute. Both Black Knight and Demon Hunter also host numerous additional autohits that can be added to this list.

Duelist: Crystal Rose. Nothing further for this base class, just the one area attack that is almost always run with either an ice or lightning badge. It will do more damage than a weapon's crit, if swift crystal rose critically hits. (Assuming all defenses equal)

Martial Artist: Peddling Wheel, Heaven Kick, and occasionally Light Tomahawk. Verglas and monk also have a sizable chunk to add to these.

There are enough that adding short cooldowns will accomplish very little, as alternating between the skills will allow you to handle at least 2 turns without double dipping. Additionally, by leveraging charging strike, meditate, or high momentum Guard, there would need to be enormous cooldowns to cause any significant change to the tanky autohitter archetype.

Some autohits deserve high scaling, like the aforementioned Lance de Lion and Face stomp. But the ones people are frequently using are not those. I'd rather see the scaling cut from some very particular skills.
In which rotation? There's not really a rotation, it's just whatever works to make sure you're not double tapping, cause a lot of players generally don't like doing that, there's enough autohits to get around that, as mentioned in the post above mine, which I couldn't have put it any better myself.
I think CDs and/or higher FP costs are the only way that you're going to create gaps of power for autohit focused characters but I will agree that the scaling is probably a bit high for the Soldier skills, especially when Charging Strike exists. What would you prefer?
Yeah, I agree that I think some of the skills mentioned could do with a hit. Here's what I think about the Soldier, Demon Hunter (Reaver), Duelist, Martial Artist Autohits.

(The numbers I'm suggesting are what they'd be at Rank 5.)

Soldier:

Shinken, Retreating Swipe, Turnover, Roundtrip - 120% Weapon ATK
These are pretty much the heavy hitters, I think dialing them back to levels comparable to Verglas would be fine.

Thousand Stab - No change.
Thousand Stab isn't particularly strong, so I don't think it really deserves any sort of hit.

Mad Chop - No change.
Mad Chop currently pales in comparison to above four ones, but with the nerf, I think Mad Chop would be in a good spot.

Incise - No change.
Incise isn't really for the base damage so much as the effects, no need.

Execute - No change.
Execute should definitely be for damage. It's pretty situational too.

Duelist:

Crystal Rose - 100% Weapon ATK, 70% Ice ATK.
Crystal Rose is pretty strong, especially with your suited Impact. So I think it could use a hit.

Cyclone Spear - No change.
Cyclone Spear is just fine, no worries here.

Lance de Lion - No change.
It's fine where it is in terms of damage but if any Skill should get a Cooldown, I think it should be this one. I'd prefer a Cooldown to the high Momentum and FP cost it currently has.

(Maybe a 5 Round Cooldown but to make it a little interesting, if you get a Critical Hit with a Polearm, it'll reduce the Cooldown of Lance de Lion by 1 Round. Just a thought.)

Martial Artist:

Peddling Wheel - 120% Weapon ATK
I do really think the Peddling Wheel is very strong as an AoE, thanks to the high scaling and Impacts. I think it's fair if it's also set to 120%.

Heaven Kick - No change.
I'm honestly not sure where this skill stands, I don't think it's quite as strong as the others but it does have Impacts and Urawaza. But I'd say just leave it for now.

Light Tomahawk - No change.
No problems here.

Demon Hunter:

Chaser - No change.
It already sacrifices Power for Utility and I'm fine with where it's at.

Rising Tide - 120% Weapon ATK
Might be a little sad but I do think it's fair to chip this down to 120% Weapon ATK. It's got the utility which branches out cross-stances.

Elemental Rave - No change.
It might seem a tad strong but I think since it turns Elemental, there's no need to mess with it.
[Image: 95e2774f19.png]
I was about to post, but it seems I was beat to it, honestly, I think I agree with most of the above here, +1, sorry to not add much to the discussion.

Also that lance-de-lion idea, loving it.
"Slydria" Wrote:List

I agree with all of these.
"Slydria" Wrote:Yeah, I agree that I think some of the skills mentioned could do with a hit. Here's what I think about the Soldier, Demon Hunter (Reaver), Duelist, Martial Artist Autohits.

(The numbers I'm suggesting are what they'd be at Rank 5.)

Soldier:

Shinken, Retreating Swipe, Turnover, Roundtrip - 120% Weapon ATK
These are pretty much the heavy hitters, I think dialing them back to levels comparable to Verglas would be fine.

Thousand Stab - No change.
Thousand Stab isn't particularly strong, so I don't think it really deserves any sort of hit.

Mad Chop - No change.
Mad Chop currently pales in comparison to above four ones, but with the nerf, I think Mad Chop would be in a good spot.

Incise - No change.
Incise isn't really for the base damage so much as the effects, no need.

Execute - No change.
Execute should definitely be for damage. It's pretty situational too.

Duelist:

Crystal Rose - 100% Weapon ATK, 70% Ice ATK.
Crystal Rose is pretty strong, especially with your suited Impact. So I think it could use a hit.

Cyclone Spear - No change.
Cyclone Spear is just fine, no worries here.

Lance de Lion - No change.
It's fine where it is in terms of damage but if any Skill should get a Cooldown, I think it should be this one. I'd prefer a Cooldown to the high Momentum and FP cost it currently has.

(Maybe a 5 Round Cooldown but to make it a little interesting, if you get a Critical Hit with a Polearm, it'll reduce the Cooldown of Lance de Lion by 1 Round. Just a thought.)

Martial Artist:

Peddling Wheel - 120% Weapon ATK
I do really think the Peddling Wheel is very strong as an AoE, thanks to the high scaling and Impacts. I think it's fair if it's also set to 120%.

Heaven Kick - No change.
I'm honestly not sure where this skill stands, I don't think it's quite as strong as the others but it does have Impacts and Urawaza. But I'd say just leave it for now.

Light Tomahawk - No change.
No problems here.

Demon Hunter:

Chaser - No change.
It already sacrifices Power for Utility and I'm fine with where it's at.

Rising Tide - 120% Weapon ATK
Might be a little sad but I do think it's fair to chip this down to 120% Weapon ATK. It's got the utility which branches out cross-stances.

Elemental Rave - No change.
It might seem a tad strong but I think since it turns Elemental, there's no need to mess with it.

You literally read my mind. All of this? +1
[Image: GQJ8dCS.png]
[Image: unknown.png]
Yep, agreed. Tuning down 150% to 120-110% won't hurt anybody. Right? It will atleast give people motivation to use something else than autohits or the classic Rebellion Longsword, when there are much cooler things out there. (+1)
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]