Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(STORY) Tales of Synchro
The gods are terrifying beings.

They nearly destroyed the world once, during Heaven’s Contention.

They would do it again, as well. It simply takes one of the remaining gods or Great Beasts to begin another conquest, as Zera had.

It is because of this that the people of the lands brought an idea to fruitation.

What if they could appease the gods?

In some way make it so that they would be entertained enough, honored enough, that no catastrophe happened?

So began the Divas.

A Diva would be chosen at random, often from the most talented of homes. These women (Though, sometimes Men) would be trained constantly, sometimes large groups of them. They were meant to entertain the gods, with song and dance, prayer and show.

These Divas weren’t expected to live very long at all. The gods grew bored of them often times. They were slaughter them upon that time. Claim it was sacrifice. Who would rise against them, after all? The Gracious Mercala could do nothing, for she did not condone war.

So, Diva after Diva would be sent to the gods, to stand at the God’s Stage and perform until they were killed or they died of exhaustion.

This is simply a story of a certain Diva, and a certain sibling.

Not even the gods would tear their powerful bond.

---

Welcome to the Tales of Synchro! I plan on making this a Multi-chapter story, but I need roles to be filled. I don’t want to just use my characters, that would be certainly boring. So, why not help me?

These are the main roles that need to be filled.

The Twenty-Second Diva-Taken, Delphia Eustis
The Sibling of the Diva-Taken, Amelia Eustis
The Oracle
The Noblewoman
The Sorcerer/Sorceress-Taken, Thorn
The Priest-Taken, Mavis
The Mercenary
The Twenty-First Diva-Taken, York Tristain
The Wyvern
The Shaitan
The Guardsman/Guardswoman-Taken, Saito
Twenty-First Diva's Friend-Taken, Lyra
The Merchant
Various Side Characters

Tell me if you’re interested, and post what character you might like in it, with a picture and a description of their personality. I dearly want this to be a wonderful story.
Sister of 22.

[strike]Personality of a cardboard box made of tin--[/strike] On a more serious note, a major goofball when near the people she likes, a stoic bastard near strangers, a killing machine when facing life-threatening danger, and most importantly, selfish.

[Image: 53e8db61979f404596d093b1db2384f4.png]
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
Twenty-Second Diva.

Despite her usual goofy behavior, there's random moments when she acts unnecessarily serious, as if lost in thought. Sometimes she tends to act as if she has no idea what's going on even if she truly does.

[Image: eba9b7244b.png]
[Image: Fern22.gif]
[Image: unknown.png]
I'll go ahead and toss Mavis in, I guess. Feel free to choose her or otherwise.

The Priest(ess).

An Elven woman of high rectitude, especially when it came to Mercala's tenets. Renown as a High Priestess in the lands, she is certainly a powerful force of healing and of light magic itself -- albeit she does tend to stay from involving in any actual conflict. At times she can be quite amicable, although she often tends to engage in lessons whenever the situation arises -- especially if it's about the White Lady. Calm, collected, and secure, she spectates with a keen eye and certain life acumen and wisdom.

[Image: c1UFww4.png]
[Image: Y8FFQj7.jpg]
^Mercala's Favorite Apparently
[Image: To2mAPS.png](heh)
The Sorceror/ess

Thorn

"BRING ON THE LIGHTS! THE SHOW! THE WHOLE WORLD IS A STAGE!"

Thorn is a deeply eccentric person, and ironically, probably one of the best suited individuals to be used as a Diva if it weren't for his(her) nigh impossibility to be effectively pinned down and, well, forced to do it. In terms of magical prowess and skill, he(she) is second to none in the arts of wind magic, and more specifically in the crafting of elaborate and mindbending illusions that push the boundaries of what is thought possible of the craft each and every time he(she) casts them. Instead of using these talents for any sort of effective or useful purpose, he(she) instead utilizes them extensively to play out his(her) own elaborate fantasies, increasingly losing more and more touch with the outside world and diving more and more into his(her) illusionary world.

No one is really quite sure where he(she) came from, or what his(her) motivations truly are or may be, as Thorn seems to take deep pleasure in confusing others as to what this may possibly be. It is obvious that he(she) takes great enjoyment in playing tricks or entertaining the masses with his(her) abilities, however.

The question of Thorn's gender is a curious one, as he(she) seems to exhibit qualities of both when, where, or how he(she) chooses. This is less a definite state of gender, though, and more a matter of his(her) illusionary abilities concealing the true nature of Thorn's gender.

[Image: Masked_by_shiawase_chan.jpg]
OOC Application

-Saito Rolga'ri, The (Kaelensian) Guardsman

In short, the Lupine is typically one of two moods (in public): Content or "Peeved." He will display an enduring affection for the people he's close to and has no shame in this fact. Although he's developed a shorter fuse over the course of his life (and tries to hide this, when on-duty), this has also led him to become less prone to hesitation in (most) situations. He can (and rarely does) display traits of a typical Zeran; taking pride in the fact of his heritage as a pure-bred Lupine.

[Image: 815cc90c16c44a5ca70c997b13f5fe23.png]
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Chapter 0: The End of a Diva

“I’m sick of your damn games!” growled out the black haired male, carapace-covered hands furling and unfurling in apparent irritation. He growled, his expression showing great anger towards those that he was ‘performing’ for. His tired, bloodshot eyes stared upwards, towards the beasts and the formless creatures above him.

It felt as if gravity had tripled, and he nearly fell over, from the pressure, and pure exhaustion. He’d not slept for several days, and even then he barely got two hours each time. He was worked to the bone, unable to rest at all. For days and days, weeks upon weeks, perhaps even months, how long had he been here? He lost track, ever since he was forced into this mess.

But it was for the best of the others. They threatened his family, his ‘Love’. Had he not stepped up, they would have taken -something- from him, and he wouldn’t let some dastardly gods take such a thing. He wouldn’t let them have any of it, such triumph over him.

Yet, as he knelt, unwillingly, on the ground, his tired eyes glared as much as he could. He’d done many things to entertain them, dancing, story-telling, trying to act natural for the first few days or week or so, but eventually the guardians of elements and other things grew bored of that. They began to toy with him, summoning creatures that would try to devour him.

He was a fighter, of course. One that would be able to handle such things, at least for some time. He was allowed to eat and drink, enough for him to not die of such bodily problems, but he was malnourished, greatly weakened by now.

His suit was in tatters, the only memento he had having been taken from him long ago. He was so tired, worked so hard. Though he wanted to continue, to show that he wouldn’t give into their demands, he was so damn exhausted.

“Are you…?” said a strangely feminine voice, giggling afterwards. The shaitan snarled from where he knelt, knowing that voice. It was the voice of none other than the god of luck. “Well, we can’t have that. How about a game?” Ah, the goddess of luck always loved games. “If you win… You can leave~ If I win…You’ll stay.”

Rumbles of approval from the others surrounded the tattered shaitan, and he slowly moved to stand up,”Do I have any other fucking choice?” He questioned, frowning and clenching his hands tightly.

“Of course not,”The voice then cackled, as creatures began to appear, fox-like eyes showing, despite the monstrous forms.

The twenty-first ‘Diva’ stared at the creatures, before moving to enter a stance, elegant almost, and prepared for his last dance.

----

“Ah,”A voice called out, watching the blood pool about,”...Send for the next one, it seems this one won’t be entertaining us any longer.”