Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[God Option] The Ancestors (Egwyn/Kaelensian-related)
As mentioned previously in the GR 2 discussion, I thought the idea for a prayer tool/option for the Great Beasts of Egwyn would be nice for the characters that hail from there - probably something relating directly back to Kaelensians with a small boost to non-Kaelensians.

The idea for far (will be updated as I have time, will give a post to re-queue on "New Posts" if I put anything major up)

Prayer Tool: Not sure yet.

Bonus: To non-Phenex Kaelensians, preferably something relating back to their Instinct Values (like +1 at 50% and +2 at 25% - yet to decide on how this scaled to LV Effect, not just a flat boost, probably a flat boost - to existing Instinct Values on Lupine/Felidae, +1 to Leporidae Rabbit Kick, not sure for Corbie yet). As for their non-Kaelensian-related bonus, I've yet to decide on it.

If anyone has a suggestion/comment (that isn't troll-worthy, [strike]Kame/Bjarn[/strike]), please feel to contribute to the thread.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
Regarding the actual OP here, I figure the Kaels without a proper god would just worship the appropriate Great Beasts or something. Dev'll probably elaborate. Maybe. Have like, teeth or claws or something as prayer tools.
That's what Ancestors is synonymous with (Great Beasts, I mean).

Also kind of sad/annoyed this thread was hi-jacked into something completely else.
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
The subject of your post was moved to a more fitting topic. -Chaos

"Exxy" Wrote:Also kind of sad/annoyed this thread was hi-jacked into something completely else.

It's Koonie. And an excuse to drop some memes, like releasing the kraken. I like to think we all have the common sense to just shake our heads and hope they get over the meme phase sooner rather than later, rather than actually expect it to not happen. Doesn't make it any less annoying, sure, but... it's also not like we can just Koonie-proof the place since they're not doing anything banworthy. *shrug*
*loud burp*
"Exxy" Wrote:Also kind of sad/annoyed this thread was hi-jacked into something completely else.
Hands up, don't shoot. Chaos stabbed me with another warning level. ANYWAY, sorry for that Diz, yeah. and fooq u 2 rany im a 'memeniac troll' but am a human too.

Now back at the OP, Kaelensians' great beasts are pretty much directly related to each animal they're blessed of I think. So maybe some sort of Great Wolf, Great Feline, Great Eagle and Great Hare? All that'd be left here would be to name (very important, remember?) them and give each an unique buff that'd not make it so game changing.

At what their buffs could be, since I've been roundhouse kicked by enough people, I'll just post what I could think of from my mistakes.

Great Wolf: +3 STR, inflicts Hunted (prayer LV)*2 on hit, if slash physical damage.
Prayer tool: Wolf-fang Necklace.

Great Feline: +3 CEL, +2 move.
Prayer tool: Catnip Incense.

Great Eagle: +3 SKI, (prayer LV)*5% Blind LV reduction.
Prayer tool: Feathered flute.

Great Hare: +3 LUC, (prayer LV)*5 kick (and skills) damage.
Prayer tool: Lucky Rabbit's foot? (I just don't agree with the part you're sacrificing a rabbit for a rabbit god. But from food to a dead rabbit, whatever works.)

Small Edit to fit in Spo's suggestion.
[Image: ht_pudding_the_fox_04_mt_140821_16x9_384.jpg]
"Snake" Wrote:Great Hare: +3 LUC, +25 kick (and skills) damage.
Prayer tool: ???carrot?

^ forgot a %?
nope, didn't. % would be oh-pee.

I still need something better than a carrot, tho'. :V
Lucky Rabbit's foot, change stuff to be more in line with the math of the statuses, each status can be anywhere from lvl 1-5, so +25 kick damage would be lv*5 kick damage.
"Snake" Wrote:Great Wolf: +3 STR, inflicts Hunted (prayer LV)*2 on hit, if slash physical damage.
Prayer tool: Wolf-fang Necklace.

Great Feline: +3 CEL, +2 move.
Prayer tool: Catnip Incense.

Great Eagle: +3 SKI, (prayer LV)*5% Blind LV reduction.
Prayer tool: Feathered flute.

Great Hare: +3 LUC, (prayer LV)*5 kick (and skills) damage.
Prayer tool: Lucky Rabbit's foot? (I just don't agree with the part you're sacrificing a rabbit for a rabbit god. But from food to a dead rabbit, whatever works.)

Small Edit to fit in Spo's suggestion.

I was honestly thinking of making a universal option so we don't litter the interface with so many options (Phenex being an exception since they're not even typically found on Egwyn). That being said, I don't see why we couldn't locate the special effects into one option (again, listed as "Ancestors" - although if others don't mind the great beasts taking up half the list I'm fine with this).

How I would most likely change them:

Great Wolf: +3 STR, (if Lupine, you can inflict Hunted (Status LV) on hit with a base duration of 2 Turns, if slash physical damage - alternatively if using Sharper Claws on a Lupine with a 'fist' weapon).
Prayer tool: Wolf's "Blood" or Wolf's "Eye."

Great Feline: +3 CEL, +1 move (+2 if Status Effect is equal to 5 - will always be +2 if Felidae).
Prayer tool: Cat "Ears."

Great Eagle: +3 SKI, +(prayer LV)*5 (flat) Hit if afflicted with Blind if Corbie).
Prayer tool: Bird's "Feathers."

Great Hare: +3 LUC, (prayer LV)*3 to Kick (and kick-related skills) damage (Status Effect*5 if Leporidae). Most likely broken apart (between hits in the attack) and added to each 'hit/kick' for things such as Rapid Kick (similar to Mad Chop or Thousand Stab breaks their damage over all the hits I, think).
Prayer tool: Rabbit's "foot."

As far as in-game appearances, a Kaelensian's "item" could be thought as represented by their actual features (to avoid the thought of them carrying around a part of an animal they're meant to 'be' - if that makes any sense, I can elaborate if needed). A person that isn't Kaelensian could use IC interpretations of any form, from the real thing or a "fake" version that represents such, even something like Felidae Ears (although I imagine there would be IC repercussions to something this morbid).

Or we could just limit these options to their respective Kaelensian (which I have a neutral stance on)--
Also Known As:
Exxy Izzy
This is why I was relunctant to use animal parts to do the prayers, it's pretty damn morbid to be carrying those when you're praising and praying for the god you follow and love, you know. (Scales from a snake? Those aren't ripped off, they shed. Bleached horns? Zera is a morbid dead god, we all know. But animals?... This feels like holding an Axe while praying to a Doriad plant god.)